Startups

Renegade
Top Contributor

CRM Startup

SOLVE

I can't help but feel like when I get an answer to this it will look obvious in hindsight, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to access the Hubspot Free CRM functionality.  I have a developer account at the moment.  Whenever I try to access CRM, and login with this account, I am taken to what appears to be a developer portal/section, and cannot find any way into the standard CRM stuff.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

CRM Startup

SOLVE

Hi @Renegade,

Apologies for not including the link to the page I accessed. You can access it by going to hubspot.com and then clicking "get HubSpot free"; once you click that button, you will be led to this page where you can choose which type of portal you would like to create, and from there you can begin the sign up process.

*please note that today (Friday, 3/29), due to issues within HubSpot there may be delays going through these steps. If you experience delays, you can check the status of HubSpot at status.hubspot.com.

Thank you,

Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

CRM Startup

SOLVE

Hey @Renegade 

You'll want to set up a free HubSpot CRM to play with.

The Developer Account doesn't have any of the CRM functionality.

Have fun

Mike

0 Upvotes
Renegade
Top Contributor

CRM Startup

SOLVE

Sure.  But whenever I try to create one, it asks for a login, and then railroads me to the developer account, without access to CRM.  How do I pull it off?  Must I create it with a separate account?

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

CRM Startup

SOLVE

Hi @Renegade 

When you create a new account, for the HubSpot CRM, you use the same email address as your developer account. Once you've finished the signup you can switch between accounts - the accounts will be linked.

Mike

0 Upvotes
Renegade
Top Contributor

CRM Startup

SOLVE

Hey Mike, thanks for your help.  I'm still having trouble, though, creating a new account.  I am (understandably) unable to create a new account with the same email address. And no matter what method I've tried to initialize a CRM account, I am pretty much forced back to my existing account.

Unfortunately, I am going to request a little handholding from you!  Can you tell me precisely how to pull this off?  LOL

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

CRM Startup

SOLVE

Sounds like you've done it right...

In the top right corner of the screen can you see your account name?

If you click on that you can see the Account you're in.

Then, in the sub-menu, you can see all your other accounts.

In this case I'm in Webalite Development (see image).

You can see our Webalite Account and our client Accounts (blurred out).

Did that work?

Mike

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 11.25.24 AM.png

Renegade
Top Contributor

CRM Startup

SOLVE

Looking at my accounts is not the problem.  I cannot create a CRM account.  Did you see my last post?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

CRM Startup

SOLVE

Hi @Renegade,

During the login process, there will be the option to either continue with the portal you already have, or you can create a new portal. I wanted to share this screenshot for additional insight.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 4.34.50 PM.png

Below the "continue with this account" is the option to "create a new fresh account." Please click on that button to ensure you are creating a new CRM.

Thank you,

Jenny 

0 Upvotes
Renegade
Top Contributor

CRM Startup

SOLVE

After I login, I am taken immediately to the "HubSpot Accounts" page, which looks nothing like what you show, and has none of the options you describe.  Furthermore, I can find no way of getting to any page resembling what you describe.

(Perhaps what you are describing is only available on the first login and I have now bypassed it.  If so, how can I change this?  Must I delete an account and start over?  If so, how?)

Untitled.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

CRM Startup

SOLVE

Hi @Renegade,

Apologies for not including the link to the page I accessed. You can access it by going to hubspot.com and then clicking "get HubSpot free"; once you click that button, you will be led to this page where you can choose which type of portal you would like to create, and from there you can begin the sign up process.

*please note that today (Friday, 3/29), due to issues within HubSpot there may be delays going through these steps. If you experience delays, you can check the status of HubSpot at status.hubspot.com.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes