Social Tools

URL Tracker - No Data

I'm new-ish to the URL tracking tool and have used it three times. The first two URLs I've tracked have data associated with them and have worked just fine, but the third one I'm trying to track has NO data associated with it and I know that's not possible. I'm tracking a third-party article that pretty much republished a press release that just went live for my company. Our CEO republished this article on his LinkedIn account and we want to track the engagement on the link, which I know is not traditionally what the URL tracking tool is used for. But there is no way there is no data associated with this link. Additionally, it doesn't even show up in the analytics tracking section. Did I do something wrong? 

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

URL Tracker - No Data

Hi @09687. Confirming: You created a URL of a link not on your website? If this link goes to a site you don't own and therefore doesn't include your HubSpot tracking code, I don't believe it will bring you analytics data. 

Here's a resource with details: Tracking URL sessions are not appearing in your traffic analytics

Hope that helps. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/