Tracking Social Shares from an Email

KellyYaker
Participant

I'm trying to figure out a way to track social shares of an email. All I can really tell from the email is how many people clicked on the social sharing icons, but then I have no data regarding the engagement those posts received. 

I understand some of the accounts coule be private, but is there a way to track the efficacy of any social shares of an email on public accounts?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

I am not aware of a way to see social interaction after a share click from an email.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Is there a way to track the efficacy of any social shares of an email on public accounts?

Short A: What @Josh said.

Longer A:

Here are some thoughts.

Depending on the content of your email and the social channel on which it is shared maybe try including a single unique hashtag -- e.g., #FranksContent

As channels become more social and adopt Twitter-thinking (e.g., FB, LinkedIn, Slack, etc.) we may be able to incorporate their tracking protocols. And Google indexes our public-facing email turned webpage content.

That being said, if you perform a Google search using #FranksContent you'll see a few posts across different channels before we deprecated that campaign.

Unfortunately, since we don't use social shares in email you won't see any *email* using that hashtag.

Clunky? Yes.

Easily scalable? No.

Worth further exploration? Maybe. 🙂 

Does that help solve your question?

Best,
Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please add @MFJLabs to HubSpot Community Forum messages if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Frank on LinkedIn

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!