Tagging in Social Posts

lnolan

Does anyone know if it's possible to tag locations, accounts, etc. in social posts through HubSpot social marketing? It's not very efficient to have to go to the social media platform and edit the post, which isn't even possible on Twitter and LinkedIn. 

Thank you!

23 Replies 23
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @lnolan,

Currently this is not a functionality of the tool. If you would like to see this implemented in the future, I would recommend upvoting this idea.

Thanks,
Jenny

cmaus94

Hi,

Yes i also would like to see this implemented and would also like to see, the option to tag products from your online store into posts. I know it is possible to tag products in after posting, but would be much more efficient if it was done with in Hubspot.

simmons
Participant | Platinum Partner

Hi there,

I also would love to see this feature implemented for both instagram and facebook as we tag our clients and individuals associated with projects all the time for cross marketing and exposure. It would definitely help and save time from us having to manually edit the posts once they've gone up.

eunicecheah
Participant

Hi,

Yes my team would also love to have this function to implemented within Hubspot as tagging personal accounts on social media platforms. We understand that we can edit it within social media platforms such as LinkedIn but this is not possible for some platforms such as Twitter. Please let us know if Hubspot would be able assist us to be more efficient. Thank you! 

JenFrosty
Participant

This needs to become a priority for Hubspot.  I am extremely dissapointed this is not avaiable.  Can you provide feedback of the development status, we see posts from early 2019 with complaints.  Why does it take over a year for Hubspot to do something simple that ALL other social media platforms have as standard?

MFyfe
Participant

Hi Jenny, 

The idea to upvote only refers to tagging locations but not people. 

0 Upvotes
lamannadirect
Participant

We really need this feature in the platform - a lot of other social scheduling tools use it and it will boost the effect of our marketing content on these platforms. Looking forward to seeing this feature available soon. 

JohannaC
Participant

I think the feature to @TAG accounts was added recently because today I was able to do it to post on Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter. I believe you still can't tag people in photos nor locations.

claudiaalbasi
Participant | Diamond Partner

Please, add account tags in social posts, it's a very useful functionality!

Aldric
Participant

Agreed. Something that would be super useful!

CedCommerce
Contributor

Exactly, this is a very general problem that we face while posting and editing the scheduled post is a very hectic task.

KateBlackCat
Participant

Is there an update on this functionality?  In the meantime, I'm just getting started with Hubspot social.  What's the most efficient workaround that people have found?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @KateBlackCat,

It looks like this idea is being reviewed in our forum ideas here.

My recommendation is upvoting this idea to get any updates moving forward.

I believe at the moment there is not a workaround for it.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

angela723
Participant

Hi I would like to upvote this feature and add the ability to tag specific people in LinkedIn posts (not just company pages).

samm
Participant

Any update? The ability to tag on social is a must for just about every business. Really disappointed it's not available yet and shocked this thread goes back 2 years. Please make it a priority.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @samm 

Thank you for reaching out. 

At this time, this idea to add locations is still being reviewed by our Product Team. I'd recommend upvoting this Idea, and you can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Regarding tagging, we wish we could do it but we are unfortunately limited by the LinkedIn API that doesn't let us tag users, you can upvote the Idea here in case this becomes available at some point. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

samm
Participant
Hi Tiphane,

Thanks for the message, that’s good to know.

How about tagging other users in photos on Instagram posts, is that being looked at?

Thanks,
Samara
0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @samm 

Thank you for your reply. 

From what I can see in this knowledge base article, you should be able to tag accounts in your instagram posts? 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

samm
Participant
Thanks for responding. Actually I was referring to tagging images on instagram.
I know you can do it after, but most platforms let you do it before publishing.
0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @samm 

Ah ok, got it! 

Got confirmation that it's not possible at this stage with HubSpot. I'd recommend posting an Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. That way other users can upvote it, and the Product Team regularly monitors the Forum

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

MFyfe
Participant

I've upvoted the idea in the Forum, but it only refers to locations. We need to be able to tag people and businesses as well. 

RBeltz
Participant

This is a valuable tool that should be standard in any social media tracking platform. It's espcially crucial for accounts that work with influencers and other brands. The posts look cleaner when the tags aren't in them or you working with mulitple accounts and need to tag a number of individuals on an image. Please adopt to the platform soon. 

0 Upvotes
Niallp7
Participant | Diamond Partner

This would be great. I know that there are API constraints but if you @mention within a post surely you tag a company into an social media post image.

Niall @ Atlanticus