Social Tools

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Regarding tagging in social posts

Hi Community! 

This post is to give more clarity regarding tagging users and locations in social posts via HubSpot.

If you want to tag other users in social posts via HubSpot, this is not possible with LinkedIn and Facebook. We wish we could do it but we are unfortunately limited by the networks' APIs that don't let us tag users, you can subscribe (options > subscribe) and upvote the Idea here in case this becomes available at some point. 

If you want to add locations in social media posts via HubSpot, this is not possible at this stage; we however recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. It's currently Being Reviewed by our Product Team. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

For more information on what is possible and how to use our social tools, we want to share the following knowledge base article: 

Create and publish social posts

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

5 Replies 5
stacy_jenkins
Contributor

I am trying to understand why I can't tag a company account in LinkedIn for my social media post. I see the company on LinkedIn, but as I type this out in Hubspot, the company does not pop up. How can I tag this company that has partnered with us? https://www.linkedin.com/company/gentryhomebuilders/

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@stacy_jenkins when you're creating the post and you start typing @gentry ... does the company not come up? It should at least start to populate LinkedIn company pages you can search through and find. Can you share a screenshot? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
stacy_jenkins
Contributor

No, the company does not populate when I first type in Gentry. Thank you
for trying to help!
[image: image.png]
danmoyle

Thanks for the info @TiphaineCuisset. We can still tag all accounts in Twitter, right? Just not in Facebook & LinkedIn? 

Good luck - it has to be tough being limited byh the platforms. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @danmoyle !

Correct - I have updated the main post to confirm that

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !