Social Tools

FilamentWI
Participant

Tagging in Facebook posts broken

SOLVE

I know that Tagging in Facebook posts broken because of the cambridge analytica meltdown. I want to know what users are doing to get around this inability that really is important. Are people just doing the tagging manually on facebook?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
crystalking
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

It's not ideal but in my own social media, I schedule posts and will go to the post after publishing (sometimes even a day or so later if I am busy) and manually add the tags. I don't myself know of an easier way around this, so if others do, I'd be very interested. 

The tags are still important and do boost visibility for the post, so it's worth adding them, even after the fact. 

Check out my latest course: The Power of Fanocracy https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/fanocracy

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Chamby-Avalan

SOLVE

Yes - for the past couple months I've just been manuall posting on Facebook, but still scheduling through Hubspot on all other social media pages. It's not idea but since I schedule the others it doesn't take too much longer. 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @FilamentWI thank you for your post!

@MitchAnthony@IanLoSourced@Jenr@Kmiller@Marlene@Cameron I've seen you start/join several discussions r.e. social media, how has this impacted you and your social strategy?

Furthermore our Inbound Professor @crystalking is our go to expert here at HubSpot for all things social. Crystal do you have any advice for the Community r.e. how to navigate this new challenge?

FilamentWI
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the brainstorm! Looks like manual editing after the fact is the best we can do until facebook and the marketing industry can figure out a reasonable compromise.

0 Upvotes
crystalking
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

It's not ideal but in my own social media, I schedule posts and will go to the post after publishing (sometimes even a day or so later if I am busy) and manually add the tags. I don't myself know of an easier way around this, so if others do, I'd be very interested. 

The tags are still important and do boost visibility for the post, so it's worth adding them, even after the fact. 

Check out my latest course: The Power of Fanocracy https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/fanocracy
AshNoel84
Participant

SOLVE

That's been our workaround as well. Not ideal, but at least it's so easy to edit posts after-the-fact on Facebook.