Social Tools

DEll27

Social scheduler trying to pull in featured image from incorrect URL

I am having an issue with the Social Scheduler intermittently pulling in the incorrect feature image when I post a link to a blog post from the Wordpress Blog I am working on.

The Wordpress Blog post has the correct og:image tag and the URL does point to the right image.

Tools such as the Linkedin post checker and facebook checker do also pull in the correct URL for this image.

However, when first posting the link into the scheduler, the image DOES show up.

But then, randomly, after a few days, the image will disappear. When I check in Devtools, I am getting a 404 for the image because the HTTP request is being sent to a URL different from what is in the og:image tag, and of course different from where the image actually is.

Not sure who I can contact to look into this or if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue.

2 Replies 2
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @DEll27 ,

Does the Wordpress blog featured image be altered/changed after the social post is posted? It sounds like there is an interference between the Social tool and your Wordpress blog.

Usually when there is an interference after a couple of days, it suggests that there has been an update to the image URL of the featured image or a template change made to the blog, which can result in a 404 error message. If you can confirm that you aren't making any adjustments to the Wordpress blog after posting moving forward and it reoccurs, you can contact hubspot support.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

DavidDennison
Key Advisor

The first thing I would check is your schema or json. There could be an issue with your code that could be causing this. I've also seen this happen with websites that were hacked. Make sure you run some audits for any stuff that shouldn't be on your website.

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com