Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Social Media Reporting not accurate results

Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm investigating on my social media reports. Every week I do monitor our social media performances. And based on the result, there was a week that we got a highest number of clicks and interactions according to the graphs provided. Now, we wanted to know why and what posts got that highest interations to help us on our marketing campaign. But, when I investigate our published posts during that week, the total number of clicks and interactions were not the same or not accurate with the result provided by the graph. Please see attached screenshots. Hope someone can give me some answers as to why the results are not the same? Thank you so much!twitter report 1.PNGtwitter report 2.PNG

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Advisor

Hi @anne_sharesoure,

I thought at first your date range as mm/dd/yy but now it seems that your date format may be dd/mm/yy.  I wonder if there is an issue with the date ranges in this report?

I'd probably start by exporting the data to Excel/CSV and reviewing it again in that format.  

- Trevor

-Trevor

If my post resolves your issue, please accept my post as a solution.
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @trevorjones71,

Thank you for responding my concern. But the date format was given by hubspot. So, I don't think there's a problem with the date ranges. Actually, I'm thinking maybe the interactions also affect with the number of clicks. In here, there are 25 interactions and some of them are retweets. I'm thinking maybe the number of retweets affect the results. But I don't have the evidence to back up my thought. I actually tried to look for the retweeted posts but it's very difficult to find. 

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

I'm also experiencing inaccurate data in the social reporting - the amount of followers shown for social does not match natively what is in Facebook. Is this information in real time or does it take time to update, and if so, what is the turnaround time or rationale behind the descrepancy? 

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @anne_sharesoure,

Thanks for reaching out!

Currently, the Clicks report in Social Reports is populating clicks in the selected time frame by the date of the click. For example, if the filtered time range is “Last 3 months” and you have a super-popular post published 4 months ago that is still getting clicks today, those clicks will continue to show up in the Clicks report filtered by “Last 3 months”. 

Hope that answers your question! We are working on social reports to make them even more accurate and more useful, so keep your eye out for great things coming!

John

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @John_Gennell,

Thanks for your response. But I still don't get it. Because, I made a dashboard for our social media performance. And I collected the weekly data manually and the result showed (please see attached photo). Because you said that the clicks will continue to show up, but why on the next time frame it didn't show up?

twitter report 3.PNG

0 Upvotes