Social Tools

karanka
Participant

Social Media Clicks. How can I use those?

SOLVE

I have a series of social media questions.

1) How do social media clicks on the posts I shared through HubSpot, help me?

2) Does adding LinkedIn or Twitter links of contacts help in any way, or it's just there as added info?

3) If a contact interacts with my social post, can I add him to a workflow/lists/campaign?

In a nutshell, I just want to know in what all ways social media can help me in Hubspot on various levels?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @karanka,

You can share the content you've created within HubSpot, including automated posts from blog posts. Additionally, connecting your social accounts will give you access to HubSpot's social reports.

In regards to the contact and company properties for social media accounts, this information would not provide any additional information, it is currently just a way to link between the two platforms. 

For more information on this, I wanted to share this resource

I also wanted to share how to create social posts in HubSpot and how to connect your social channels to HubSpot. 

I also wanted to pull in @crystalking, HubSpot's social tools expert.

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

crystalking
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hi @karanka

To add to what @jennysowyrda said, at this time, no, it's not possible to add people you interact with into a workflow. We are exploring this functionality, but it's tricky as in some countries it may be a violation of privacy laws. 

One of the beneficial things about connecting your social media accounts is so that you can integrate social media into a broader campaign. Let's say you create a blog post that also is connected to an email newsletter, that connects to a lead magnet on a landing page, and then you tweet it out. Each social post can be connected to a campaign. More details on how to create a campaign can be found here

And you can also create a campaign that is primarily social and easily track it too. More on how to create a social campaign strategy here

Best,

Crystal

Check out my latest course: The Power of Fanocracy https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/fanocracy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @karanka,

You can share the content you've created within HubSpot, including automated posts from blog posts. Additionally, connecting your social accounts will give you access to HubSpot's social reports.

In regards to the contact and company properties for social media accounts, this information would not provide any additional information, it is currently just a way to link between the two platforms. 

For more information on this, I wanted to share this resource

I also wanted to share how to create social posts in HubSpot and how to connect your social channels to HubSpot. 

I also wanted to pull in @crystalking, HubSpot's social tools expert.

Thank you,
Jenny

karanka
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Jenny. Makes it more clear for me.

0 Upvotes
crystalking
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hi @karanka

To add to what @jennysowyrda said, at this time, no, it's not possible to add people you interact with into a workflow. We are exploring this functionality, but it's tricky as in some countries it may be a violation of privacy laws. 

One of the beneficial things about connecting your social media accounts is so that you can integrate social media into a broader campaign. Let's say you create a blog post that also is connected to an email newsletter, that connects to a lead magnet on a landing page, and then you tweet it out. Each social post can be connected to a campaign. More details on how to create a campaign can be found here

And you can also create a campaign that is primarily social and easily track it too. More on how to create a social campaign strategy here

Best,

Crystal

Check out my latest course: The Power of Fanocracy https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/fanocracy
karanka
Participant

SOLVE

That makes it clear, Crystal clear 🙂