Social Tools

JamesOickle

Scheduling a shared Facebook post.

SOLVE

So I am looking to schedule a bunch of Facebook posts, all shares.

But I cannot find a way to share a post in HubSpot, only allows novel posting.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @JamesOickle, thanks for clarifiying your process. Since facebook requires you to be logged in and using their site to comment on, share, or monitor posts, this particular process isn't possible within HubSpot. You can create and schedule new posts with a link to an existing post as you've mentioned, however Facebook limits other types of activity to their sites. Although this isn't availble now, I would recommend posting this to our ideas forum so that as our developers work to expand our product functionality they can gauge customer interest in this type of feature!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @JamesOickle! Are you looking to schedule a facebook post that has already been published by you or someone else, as opposed to sheduling a completely new post? If you are using social media monitoring, you can scan Twitter and retweet at anytime, however this funcionality isn't possible with Facebook becasue much of the content on Facebook requires that a "real" person be logged into their site to view it, so it is not available for HubSpot to monitor on your behalf.  

0 Upvotes
JamesOickle

SOLVE

The work flow would be this:

1. i see a post on facebook i want to share and comment on
  2. i log into hubspot and create my post
  3. i schedule the post for some time in the future
  4. the post goes up as scheduled

now if i create a post, i can paste the link to it in the post, but then the link shows up, and that takes up real estate, plus it does not embed the video / image that should be inherrited from the original post.

love to get this sorted out. probably just a chair-keyboard interface issue.

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @JamesOickle, thanks for clarifiying your process. Since facebook requires you to be logged in and using their site to comment on, share, or monitor posts, this particular process isn't possible within HubSpot. You can create and schedule new posts with a link to an existing post as you've mentioned, however Facebook limits other types of activity to their sites. Although this isn't availble now, I would recommend posting this to our ideas forum so that as our developers work to expand our product functionality they can gauge customer interest in this type of feature!