Social Tools

EmmaMunk

Removing images for preview link?

Hey, 

Does anybody know why the option to add an image to a link has been removed from the social tool (the preview where you before launching the beta could change the featured image to a customer thumbnail)/is there any way you can still add it?

6 Replies 6
LBodo
Participant

Same issue here!

EmmaMunk

Right!! I been working around it by updating the social image on our website instead (we use Squarespace) since it then tracks that one in the HubSpot editor and thereby creates a clickable thumbnail. But it's still frustrating that you can't use different thumbnails from time to time, especially when you're posting in different channels where you would prefer to have different thumbnails 🫠

LBodo
Participant

Actually just realized if you click the second social media icon (at least for LinkedIn) in the editor, you are able to change it! See the screen shot below 🙂HS editor.png

0 Upvotes
EmmaMunk

Yeah, I saw that! But when you upload the thumbnail that way it won't be clickable as it was before - it will just be posted as a regular image 😕 So if you find a solution to that, please let me know!

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @EmmaMunk, thank you for posting here! I would like to invite our top experts to share their ideas @Daniel_Bleich @piersg any recommendations to @EmmaMunk matter?

Thank you,

Pam 

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
luizmoura
Participant

Hi PamCotton,

This was a major feature that, as to me, was very useful for other users. I am currently using other solutions in the market that allow preview image change, unfortunately.

0 Upvotes