Social Tools

Cloudia
Contributor

Multiple Pics in Social Posts

SOLVE

We are missing the option to attach more than one picture to e.g. Insta or Twitter posts.  Is this feature planned?

2 Accepted solutions
CHansen7
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Cloudia @HBennett @SJohansson 

HubSpot has just released the ability to have 10 pictures in an Instagram post! It is in beta. Here is a link to a knowledge base article about it. Also, here is a screenshot of some details about it.

Instagram Beta.png

I hope this helps.

linkedin

Carson Hansen

Pearagon

Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

www.pearagon.com

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Cloudia,

I have good news for you: It's now possible to create Instagram carousel posts. To do so, you must opt into the full-screen social composer beta.

Please find the announcement below:

[Live] Instagram Carousel Support in New Social Composer Beta

What is it?

You can now publish Instagram Carousel posts within our new Social Composer. An Instagram Carousel gives you the ability to share a mix of up to 10 photos or videos as a single carousel post.

Why does it matter?

Instagram Carousel posts are a great way for marketing teams to share a variety of content in a single post that will engage and reach a larger audience.

How does it work?

To create an Instagram Carousel post:

• In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Social.
  • In the upper right, click Create social post.
  • In the left panel, click the Select accounts dropdown menu. Then, select the checkboxes next to the Instagram accounts you want to post to.
  • Under add media, you can attach up to 10 images and/or video content to your post.
  • You can either select Publish now to share the Carousel immediately or Schedule for later.

Hope this helps. Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

73 Replies 73
HBennett
Contributor

SOLVE

It's up to 445 Upvotes and 99 replies now. No movement or updates.

cbmb
Contributor

SOLVE

There are lots of other Social tools available that have worked a way around the Instagram carousel post issue by way of an app that syncs posts and reminds you to publish at the set time.  It's not perfect but it's a workaround.  Check out ContentCal for example.... Hubspot is lacking behind.   We're looking at going elsewhere as Hubspot just can't keep up with the times and other tools are available at a fraction of the cost that provide this functionality.  

cbmb
Contributor

SOLVE

Is this feature coming soon?

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @cbmb 

At the moment on Linkedin, Twitter, and Facebook you should be able to add more than one photo. But with Instagram, this functionality is not yet available from Instagram so it won't be possible at the moment.

I was able to find a similar idea in our Ideas forum here, my suggestion is if you could please upvote on this idea and leave your feedback, as this forum is constantly monitored by our developers.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

RenéP
Participant

SOLVE

What is there to add... this should really become a priority for social medias. I hope it comes soon!

JustinTime
Participant

SOLVE

This should hardly be marked 'solved'.   Using a third party app or a different social media marketing tool entirely isn't exactly efficient or useful, especially when this is a paid product.   

As companies shift more and more of their marketing focus to social media, these quality of life fixes need to be addressed on a shorter curve than the 2+ years this simple request has been going on for.   

It's 2020 - and we still can't create a multi-image post on Instagram or LinkedIn?   

jago
Contributor

SOLVE

Agreed! This is far from solved. Instagram is still not allowing multiple images. Until this is updated (and yes, Instagram allows multiple images from 3rd party software, and has for a while now), this thread should NOT be marked as solved. 

jago
Contributor

SOLVE

To clarify, the Instagram function in Hubspot is still not allowing multiple images, even though Instagram's API allows for this. In fact, many other third party posting services have allowed us to do this for a long time now. Especially now, as many businesses are in the process of cutting costs in order to avoid/reduce layoffs because of the current world circumstances, I'd think Hubspot would tackle this seemingly low-hanging fruit to appease its customers as they are deciding what to do moving forward. 

By the way, MeetEdgar allows posting multiple images on Instagram from its services, and you can easily schedule on multiple platforms, for anyone looking for an alternative. 

JustinTime
Participant

SOLVE

As I sit here right now - I have an important post to update our company Instagram with.  As it involves the rollout of a new company product, I NEED to see the metrics on how well it does.   BUT - I need it to show TWO pictures.   What would you suggest I do, HubSpot,  @hubSpotDev?  @John_Gennell?    Are you suggesting that other lesser companies have been given access to Instagram's API that enables these features, but not HubSpot?   What are you folks doing to fast-track this clearly MUCH-needed feature?

Use another service?

Latitude37
Contributor

SOLVE

You can combine 2 photos in photoshop, or use an app like Layout to combine 2 pictures in 1, then upload it into hubspot from there. hope this helps.

Its rediculous we have to go to these lengths in the first place, but thats all we can do right now, and its what i do for Linked in posts when i need more than 1 photo.

0 Upvotes
JustinTime
Participant

SOLVE

I appreciate your help... but combining photos isn't a solution, it's a bandaid.   And it doesn't always work.   Instagram photos are notoriously small to begin with, forcing a 1:1 ratio in order for it to look halfway decent.   If the viewing party would be forced to click on the photo in order to see all the detail present in the picture, it's already a failed effort.   IG posts need to get across the idea at a glance, and the less space you're working with to do that, the better chance you have of not reaching the customer at all.

But thank you for being helpful.  

Latitude37
Contributor

SOLVE

I totally agree, we shouldnt have to go to these lengths and go out of our way for something that is so basic and easy to implement.

orsi
Participant

SOLVE

Hello! I also really miss this feature... LinkedIn posts perform better with multiple photos!!

AllisonWolcott
Participant

SOLVE

The original post about this topic was from August 2018, I think. In a few weeks, it will be January 2020, yet this issue remains.

Since August 2018, from what others in this thread are reporting, it seems that competing platforms have offered the ability to post multiple images to LinkedIn and Instagram.

I understand HubSpot's position that it's on LinkedIn and Instagram to update their HubSpot APIs, but isn't it also on HubSpot to keep up with what the competition is offering, and to work with social platforms to get it done? 

chriscardone

SOLVE

Hi @AllisonWolcott!

I can shed some light on this;

Instagram is a VERY closed API right now, with only a few companies receiving any access to their posting feature.

So, Instagram has most likely not yet provided Hubspot the ability to attach multiple posts.

Reference link: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-api/guides/content-publishing/

Also, it's an incredibly new API; therefore, publishing a stable feature using a new API takes some time.

However, if you need something right away, Buffer does offer that feature along with Later.com 🙂

Best of luck,

Chris Cardone

AllisonWolcott
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the quick reply and the alternative solutions, @chriscardone .

My point is more about optics. From where HubSpot users sit, as you can see in this thread, it looks odd that users of competing tools have access to this functionality while we do not. It makes users doubt that HubSpot is trying to resolve this. And, the responses from HubSpot sound like finger-pointing at the platforms.

I realize optics aren't reality, and that these things take time, and I appreciate all of the features HubSpot does offer that I love. For me, this issue is not a dealbreaker. It's just an inconvenience.

jago
Contributor

SOLVE

I second the response from @AllisonWolcott. While this isn't a dealbreaker, it's disappointing that a major company like Hubspot isn't moving forward in line with their competition. It's not a good thing that we're on this board sharing alternative services to use. Especially considering how much Hubspot costs, I expect them to move faster than services that are free and/or much less expensive. 

camdahl
Contributor

SOLVE

I third the responses from both @AllisonWolcott and @jago! This has been my point the whole time. The technology is clearly out there. We are paying a LOT of $$ for HubSpot services. And, to be frank, this is getting to the point of being a deal breaker for me, personally. I am a marketing department of one. Everytime I want to do a multi-image post, in order to stay on par with our competition, it's like pulling teeth! I post what I can via HubSpot then I have to email myself all the individual pieces of content in order to post on IG. It's tedious and annoying!! And it's frustrating that HibSpot doesn't seem to be advocating for it's users on this. 

jago
Contributor

SOLVE

Not only do we have to duplicate work, but we also lose valuable statistics by not posting via Hubspot. It's not right that we, as the users, have to choose - use the expensive tool with limitations or not use the tool and lose data. When my boss is asking why we aren't posting multiple images, it's a tough sell on why this expensive service I'm paying for doesn't allow me to do it. While it's not a deal-breaker for me, yet, it could be for my company. 

Latitude37
Contributor

SOLVE

100% Agree. 

You can post on Linked In with multiple photos, so why wouldnt you be able to via Hubspot? It really defeats the purpose if you cannot mimic the same features of the platform your trying to schedule for!

camdahl
Contributor

SOLVE

Couldn't agree more!!

0 Upvotes