Social Tools

Cloudia
Contributor

Multiple Pics in Social Posts

SOLVE

We are missing the option to attach more than one picture to e.g. Insta or Twitter posts.  Is this feature planned?

2 Accepted solutions
CHansen7
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Cloudia @HBennett @SJohansson 

HubSpot has just released the ability to have 10 pictures in an Instagram post! It is in beta. Here is a link to a knowledge base article about it. Also, here is a screenshot of some details about it.

Instagram Beta.png

I hope this helps.

linkedin

Carson Hansen

Pearagon

Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

www.pearagon.com

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Cloudia,

I have good news for you: It's now possible to create Instagram carousel posts. To do so, you must opt into the full-screen social composer beta.

Please find the announcement below:

[Live] Instagram Carousel Support in New Social Composer Beta

What is it?

You can now publish Instagram Carousel posts within our new Social Composer. An Instagram Carousel gives you the ability to share a mix of up to 10 photos or videos as a single carousel post.

Why does it matter?

Instagram Carousel posts are a great way for marketing teams to share a variety of content in a single post that will engage and reach a larger audience.

How does it work?

To create an Instagram Carousel post:

• In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Social.
  • In the upper right, click Create social post.
  • In the left panel, click the Select accounts dropdown menu. Then, select the checkboxes next to the Instagram accounts you want to post to.
  • Under add media, you can attach up to 10 images and/or video content to your post.
  • You can either select Publish now to share the Carousel immediately or Schedule for later.

Hope this helps. Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

73 Replies 73
AllisonWolcott
Participant

SOLVE

@camdahl that sounds like a pain. 😞

camdahl
Contributor

SOLVE

@AllisonWolcott it really is! And it's precious time spent doing something that should be entirely automated when I could be focusing my efforts elsewhere. And, to your point, the really frustratng part about all of this is that it doesn't seem to be getting ANY attention. Each time I post in here I just get responses about how IG and LinkedIn don't allow this and here are some other options and blah, Blah, BLAH! Really wish HubSpot would take some notice and proactively work on this. Or , if they are, keep us in the loop.

maddietabor
Participant

SOLVE

Agreed! I really love HubSpot, and everything else about this tool is great, but when budget decisions come around next, I just don't know this will be an easy sell anymore given the price and lack of speed to catch up to the competition...

chriscardone

SOLVE

Hi @Cloudia,

I would highly suggest Later.com, they currently support multi-image posting to almost all platforms.

camdahl
Contributor

SOLVE

Do we need to start a petition or something to get this resolved?? It is so frustrating to have to go back to the native phone app on IG everytime I want to create a multi-image post!!! How to we get some attention on this? What is HubSpot doing to encourage this change?? A very unfortunate limitation to this software 😕 

Cloudia
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi! As far as I understood the HubSpot team above, the Instagram API currently does not allow HubSpot to implement it. So if you want to start a petition, it best be one for Instagram 🙂

jago
Contributor

SOLVE

Instagram's API does allow for multiple images. Hootsuite and MeetEdgar both utilize this, up to 4 images. Hubspot is behind here ...

jago
Contributor

SOLVE

I'm able to push out multiple images via Hootsuite on Instagram (and have been for a long time now), so the API must be updated. When can we expect to see Hubspot up to date for this?

EC
Participant

SOLVE

I completely agree! I've even called mutiple times requesting this issue to be easier for Hubspot users. 

John_Gennell
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hello @Cloudia,

Both Facebook's and Twitter's APIs allow multi-image posting now, so we do too!

You should be ungated for the beta. You can add up to four images to a social post being published through HubSpot. Instagram's API does not yet support multi-image posting, and LinkedIn's API does not yet support any multi-image posting either, so this is just for Facebook and Twitter. 

John

crisrodandres

SOLVE

Are we still not able to post multiple images on LinkedIn or Instagram?! 2020 fam!

maddietabor
Participant

SOLVE

Hi John,

I was able to post multiple images to Instagram using Sprout Social. They're API does allow for this, are you planning on adding this functionality soon? They're API has allowed for this for a while...

camdahl
Contributor

SOLVE

And I have been told people are able to post multiple images to IG using Hootsuite. WHEN WE HUBSPOT USERS GET THIS??!!!??!?

TessieBertrams
Participant

SOLVE

Running into the same frustration. Wondering if you have an estimated date both LinkedIn and Instagram's API will allow the multi-image posting?

John_Gennell
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@TessieBertrams,

I have no estimation date. Instagram has said they will support multiple images "soon" through their API, and I would guess maybe next year for that. LinkedIn also doesn't support multiple images through the API. But again, I can't really estimate at this time because I don't know their plans.

John

TessieBertrams
Participant

SOLVE

Appreciate the response, John!

claw
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Appreciate the response John! Looking forward to the update, just to clarify that, for now it seems there isn't a road map for it yet? 🙂 @John_Gennell

John_Gennell
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @claw,

No, we do not have Instagram or LinkedIn multi-image publishing on our roadmap because neither platform allows multi-image publishing. LinkedIn does not even allow multi-image publishing natively in their web app. And you can read it in Instagram's API documentation here under LimitationsWe do not support: Multi-image posts

For everyone to stay up to date on this, I would recommend keeping an eye on Instagram's API documentation linked above to see when and if it becomes available.

Best,

John

DaisyDKroon
Contributor | Gold Partner
Contributor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @John_Gennell ,

Sorry if I am not understanding this quite right, but Linkedin does support multi-image posting and so does Instagram. Or do you only refer to the API limitations?

Best regards,

Daisy

John_Gennell
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @DaisyDKroon ,

I am referring to Instagram's and LinkedIn's APIs. We are keeping an eye on their engineering announcements, and we will try to build multi-image functionality into our tool quickly for those networks after the functionality is released.

John

bakem
Participant

SOLVE

Hello, has there been any progess on this as far as Instagram APIs and allowing hubspot users to upload multiple photos? All other social media platforms I've have used allow for this. 

Thank you, 

Megan Baker