Social Tools

kristynak
Participant

Issues with preview on posts that share scheduled ahead links

Hello,

I have noticed that the following issue occurs regularly and would love to know if there is a way to fix this/ if I'm doing something wrong?

I will write a blog post in Wordpress on Monday, schedule it for Wednesday. I use the link that the blog post will be live on and schedule social posts through HubSpot to share this link. Understandably, HubSpot cannot retrieve the preview of the blog post on Monday as the post is not live yet. However, what I find problematic is that even though the blog post goes live a few hours before the social post does, the social posts' previews still show error when they are posted on the networks.

My question is - how come that the software cannot retrieve the preview from the link that is already live at the time that the social posts are posted?

Thank you in advance,

Kristyna

2 Replies 2
kristynak
Participant

Hi @Crystal_Hopper ,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who think this should be fixed - for a scheduling tool, this is quite basic issue... Let's hope it gets picked up?! I tend to go back on the day and re-insert the link again but it's definitely not a smooth and long-term solution.

Best,

Kristyna

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

Hello @kristynak!

I have also experienced this issue where HS seems to sample the data that exists when you create a post. But when something (blog, email, social post, etc.) is preparing to change states (go from draft to live, or be published) a new sample is not taken and the previews are not update. I got fed up with this enough that I pre-publish all my blogs at least 2 days before I need them for emails or social posts. That way I can see the previews and make sure it's going to look right. 

I hadn't retested this issue in a while and am disappointed that it is still happening. I've made this suggestion to HS in the past and I hope seeing this post puts this issue on the path to being fixed.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
0 Upvotes