Social Tools

M_stark
Participant

International Social Media: One page or multiple?

SOLVE

Hey all,

I have just entered a new company where I am developing a social media strategy for overseas expansion, and am frankly quite lost lol. So was hoping that some kind soul here might offer input on the following: 

Should we have one international page and then country/city campus pages? Seems like a lot of work? And should they in turn be in the local language?

The ultimate goal is to recruit students to (english) courses and increase brand awareness. At the moment, there is a FB page for everything..recruiting, online courses, offline courses, PR, city offices, online leraning tools.. seems cluttered, but perhaps I'm just too inexperienced to tell xD

Grateful for any input!

M. Stark

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TonyPaille
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there,

I work for a similar organization. We offer online and in-person training courses all over the world and all of them are delivered in English.

There's no wrong answer here. It really depends on your business model, goals, and ability to properly manage multiple pages.

If the courses are all being delivered in English, it probably isn't neccessary to promote to them in their local languages. Instead, I would recommend continuing to have a single page to cover it all.

What you want to do is be mindful of the timezones. If you're promoting the London campus, make sure you're doing it at a time when people in London will be online. If you're promoting the Beijing course, make sure the post goes out when people in Beijing will be online.

I might also recommend boosting your posts with some ad spend. This will allow you to target your social posts to the appropriate geographic areas. If you have a post promoting a course in London, you boost it and only target anyone within so many miles of London. 

Good luck! I hope your expansion is successful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
TonyPaille
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there,

I work for a similar organization. We offer online and in-person training courses all over the world and all of them are delivered in English.

There's no wrong answer here. It really depends on your business model, goals, and ability to properly manage multiple pages.

If the courses are all being delivered in English, it probably isn't neccessary to promote to them in their local languages. Instead, I would recommend continuing to have a single page to cover it all.

What you want to do is be mindful of the timezones. If you're promoting the London campus, make sure you're doing it at a time when people in London will be online. If you're promoting the Beijing course, make sure the post goes out when people in Beijing will be online.

I might also recommend boosting your posts with some ad spend. This will allow you to target your social posts to the appropriate geographic areas. If you have a post promoting a course in London, you boost it and only target anyone within so many miles of London. 

Good luck! I hope your expansion is successful.

M_stark
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much for your input. Really helpful 🙂

I've been thinking along the same lines, so it's good to have feedback. Will certainly take timezones into consideration too.

Cheers again!

0 Upvotes