Social Tools

Cakillioglu
Miembro

How to track contacts coming from a social post

resolver

Hi everyone,

I am struggling to find a solution to track social posts effectively.

I want to create some social media posts underneath campaigns, and track their performance beyond standard statistics (clicks etc). What I want to be able to do is see users who have navigated to our website by clicking a link on social media, and then signed up. For example:

User is on LinkedIn -> user clicks a social post we made -> user navigates to our site and signs up

In the above example, I want to see that contact in Hubspot and be able to see that they came through Linkedin, and ideally I want to be able to see the campaign the social post belonged to and if possible exactly what the social post was.

Is this possible?

Thank you

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @Cakillioglu,

This depends a bit on the exact visualization that you're looking for. Do you have something in mind here? Should this be a report, would a list of contacts who've interacted with a certain post be okay?

If you're creating social posts from HubSpot, HubSpot will automatically append the correct utm parameters which can then be referenced in lists and reporting. If HubSpot has cookies associated with a certain contact, the information will be available in HubSpot in the property Original source drill-down 1. For a social media utm parameters, this field will contain the social media site information, in your case "LinkedIn".

If you're creating social posts outside of HubSpot or want to use custom utm parameters, you could work with tracking URLs which include a UTM campaign field. This allows you to measure the effectiveness of a specific post or campaign. You can learn more about tracking URLs in this knowledge base article: Create tracking URLs In HubSpot, they're a Professional feature, but you might just as easily use the free Google version: Campaign URL Builder

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
webdew
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @Cakillioglu ,

After creating social media posts, you can create a campaign and then add your social media posts as assets in the campaigns. Refer this article here on how to create a campaign in HubSpot.
Once you are done creating campaigns, create tracking URLs for your campaign

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

Aakar
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @Cakillioglu 

If you're not overriding the default utm_medium & utm_source parameter for the LinkedIn post, HubSpot will automatically know your source, which you can see by drilling down the original source. You can create a list of contacts by using Original source drill-down 1 = LinkedIn.

If you're using a custom utm_source & utm_medium parameters, then you need to make sure you are using those utm_source & utm_medium parameters fields in your HubSpot form as a hidden field. So that way, when someone lands on your page and fills up the form, your custom utm_source & utm_medium parameters will be automatically passed to the form as a hidden field value. Please note that you need to use the exact field name in both URL & form (hidden field). 

If you're using the HubSpot campaign feature, then I'd recommend using the HubSpot tracking URL builder. When you select social as a medium, there's an option to select your source as well. Once you build a URL, you can post it to LinkedIn.

Are you using HubSpot to post social updates? If you're using it, you'll see the social metrics under the campaign.

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Cakillioglu,

This depends a bit on the exact visualization that you're looking for. Do you have something in mind here? Should this be a report, would a list of contacts who've interacted with a certain post be okay?

If you're creating social posts from HubSpot, HubSpot will automatically append the correct utm parameters which can then be referenced in lists and reporting. If HubSpot has cookies associated with a certain contact, the information will be available in HubSpot in the property Original source drill-down 1. For a social media utm parameters, this field will contain the social media site information, in your case "LinkedIn".

If you're creating social posts outside of HubSpot or want to use custom utm parameters, you could work with tracking URLs which include a UTM campaign field. This allows you to measure the effectiveness of a specific post or campaign. You can learn more about tracking URLs in this knowledge base article: Create tracking URLs In HubSpot, they're a Professional feature, but you might just as easily use the free Google version: Campaign URL Builder

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.