Social Tools

BorisGodizzi
Participant

How to share a newsletter email in the social networks?

SOLVE

Hello,

I would like to know if and how is possible to share on the social networks (FB and Linkedin mainly) a Company's newsletter already sent to all the customers in the mailing list.

I'm new on Hubspot and I'm coming from Mailchimp, where with a simple link creator you can share the email on all the social networks. There is something similiar in Hubspot?

Thank you in advance for the reply.

B

2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Great question, @BorisGodizzi.

It's easy to share your HubSpot newsletter email in social networks. Just make sure you've turned on the 'Web Version' setting for your email, then share the link on social networks as any other link.
- see imageHubSpot Marketing Email Web Version SettingHubSpot Marketing Email Web Version Setting

Here's the live link from that example email  (above).

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BorisGodizzi,

While the setting that @MFrankJohnson is referring to requires a domain that hosts your HubSpot content, there is a way to see your email in a webpage format on the free tool. After you send your email, you can click on the preview pane of the email and view it in a new window, which will include a unique url for your email. This url can be shared and will lead to your email. 

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
cokefour

SOLVE

Looks like you have to pay for a feature that comes bog-standard in MailChimp along with social sharing. The longer HubSpot takes to include basic things like this the more chance they'll start to alienate their fanbase. Especially as MailChimp is starting to act more like a proper CRM

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Great question, @BorisGodizzi.

It's easy to share your HubSpot newsletter email in social networks. Just make sure you've turned on the 'Web Version' setting for your email, then share the link on social networks as any other link.
- see imageHubSpot Marketing Email Web Version SettingHubSpot Marketing Email Web Version Setting

Here's the live link from that example email  (above).

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
BorisGodizzi
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your suggestion Frank, but I can't find where to set the 'Web version' as from your suggestion, I'm new on Hubspot on not so experienced... could you help me please?

Thanks a lot

B

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

We'll do our best, @BorisGodizzi

If you're using the HubSpot drag-n-drop email editor, you'll find instructions for advanced settings in this KB resource -- Create marketing emails in the drag and drop email editor. That page has a wealth of information about your email settings.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
BorisGodizzi
Participant

SOLVE

Hi again,

the article is very complete but I don't have all those options in the advanced settings, only this:

hubspot.jpg

maybe for the advanced settings it is requested a paid account while I have a free one.

B

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

That's quite possible.

cc: @jennysowyrda 

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BorisGodizzi,

While the setting that @MFrankJohnson is referring to requires a domain that hosts your HubSpot content, there is a way to see your email in a webpage format on the free tool. After you send your email, you can click on the preview pane of the email and view it in a new window, which will include a unique url for your email. This url can be shared and will lead to your email. 

Thank you,
Jenny

MCassidy
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda ,

Question for you - is there a way to access the web version link after the email has been sent? I fully understand how to access the link while editing the email, but we did not save the link while we were editing it as we thought we'd be able to copy and paste it after the email's been sent. For context, we sent out our monthly newsletter yesterday and we'd like to share the link to it on our social media platforms.

Thank you!
Maddie

acamargo
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

This is a great info.

If the user do this, this marketing email would be visible for a user without a HubSpot account?

0 Upvotes
kishida
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for answering this question with the free version of hubspot in mind. I created a newsletter and sent it to myself as a test. While viewing the email from Outlook, I click the link to view the newsletter in my browser. When I do this, the browser opens a local cached version of the newsletter, not a URL as you've described in your answer. Am I looking for the URL in the right place? Is there a hosted version of my newsletter somewhere?

0 Upvotes
BorisGodizzi
Participant

SOLVE

Tnank you @MFrankJohnson and @jennysowyrda for your help

B