Social Tools

AndyHTu
Contributor

How to properly get Instagram traffic?

SOLVE

Hi

I apologize in advance if this is not the right place to ask this question. I've searched around to make sure it hasn't been asked yet and that this is the right place.

I've already taken the Instagram course and didn't learn anything I didn't already know.  I currently have zero budget for marketing at the moment so I will be trying to find the best ways to grow tree traffic or find where I can get free traffic.

Question 1:
Is follow/unfollow a good method for getting traffic? Back in the days this was what a lot of people used to get followers, but nowadays its so limited and kind of looked down upon.  I don't know what other ways to do this besides this method.

Question 2:
I know we have to keep track of KPI when running contents on IG, but how do you keep KPI if you get zero  traffic. I monitor my insights alot, but there is no point when there is no traffic coming in.

Question 3. 
Are hashtags still relevant? I see people say it is, but no matter what I hashtags I try to target, I barely get any traffic.

Question 4.
Micro influencers seem to be a waste of money nowadays.  I've worked with many influencers, but I hardly get anything in return. Most their followers  don't even see their products.   Instagram engagements have been really awful, unless you work with big influencers. Unfortunately big influencers will drive traffic, but it comes at a massive cost that don't give positive ROI.

Question 5:
What are good methods for driving targeted  traffic for free? If not for free, what are the possible traffic we can run  that aren't ads?  And if I were to run ads, is it viable to grow growth ads?  My main goal is to make sales, so I can slowly scale up.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AndyHTu and thanks for tagging, @PamCotton.

Let's go through these one by one.

@AndyHTu wrote:

Question 1:
Is follow/unfollow a good method for getting traffic? Back in the days this was what a lot of people used to get followers, but nowadays its so limited and kind of looked down upon.  I don't know what other ways to do this besides this method.

I would say it isn't. Social networks are all about genuine interactions and brands being helpful. This method would be in stark contrast to that. Here's a great post that argues that growth on Instagram can't be hacked, the conclusion being that "You have to identify what works for your audience and what doesn’t." Be helpful, creative and consistent.

@AndyHTu wrote:

Question 2:
I know we have to keep track of KPI when running contents on IG, but how do you keep KPI if you get zero  traffic. I monitor my insights alot, but there is no point when there is no traffic coming in.

If you're not generating traffic from your post, I'd look at Instagram interactions like comments and likes first. Converting that traffic into visitors is especially hard on Instagram, unless you get people to manually type a shortened link or navigate to your bio. Instagram wants to keep users on the platform.

@AndyHTu wrote:

Question 3. 
Are hashtags still relevant? I see people say it is, but no matter what I hashtags I try to target, I barely get any traffic.

Yes, posts with at least one hashtag average +12.6% more engagement.

@AndyHTu wrote:

Question 4.
Micro influencers seem to be a waste of money nowadays.  I've worked with many influencers, but I hardly get anything in return. Most their followers  don't even see their products.   Instagram engagements have been really awful, unless you work with big influencers. Unfortunately big influencers will drive traffic, but it comes at a massive cost that don't give positive ROI.

I'd say micro influencers can work, however I'd ask for substantial proof that earlier campaigns of theirs did convert into traffic, e.g. by looking at coupon codes issued for followers. If your budget is restricted, this is not something that I would focus.

@AndyHTu wrote:

Question 5:
What are good methods for driving targeted  traffic for free? If not for free, what are the possible traffic we can run  that aren't ads?  And if I were to run ads, is it viable to grow growth ads?  My main goal is to make sales, so I can slowly scale up.

The answer to this questions depends a lot on your business, products or services and persona. Unfortunately, there usually aren't any quick solutions. Most of the times, generating sales comes down to consistent, hard work. This Content Marketing certification could be a good inspiration for you. Try to really pinpoint the paintpoints of your customers and how they would like receive help. Maybe Instagram just isn't the channel where they would like to be approached about a particular issue.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AndyHTu and thanks for tagging, @PamCotton.

Let's go through these one by one.

@AndyHTu wrote:

Question 1:

I would say it isn't. Social networks are all about genuine interactions and brands being helpful. This method would be in stark contrast to that. Here's a great post that argues that growth on Instagram can't be hacked, the conclusion being that "You have to identify what works for your audience and what doesn’t." Be helpful, creative and consistent.

@AndyHTu wrote:

Question 2:

If you're not generating traffic from your post, I'd look at Instagram interactions like comments and likes first. Converting that traffic into visitors is especially hard on Instagram, unless you get people to manually type a shortened link or navigate to your bio. Instagram wants to keep users on the platform.

@AndyHTu wrote:

Question 3. 

Yes, posts with at least one hashtag average +12.6% more engagement.

@AndyHTu wrote:

Question 4.

I'd say micro influencers can work, however I'd ask for substantial proof that earlier campaigns of theirs did convert into traffic, e.g. by looking at coupon codes issued for followers. If your budget is restricted, this is not something that I would focus.

@AndyHTu wrote:

Question 5:

The answer to this questions depends a lot on your business, products or services and persona. Unfortunately, there usually aren't any quick solutions. Most of the times, generating sales comes down to consistent, hard work. This Content Marketing certification could be a good inspiration for you. Try to really pinpoint the paintpoints of your customers and how they would like receive help. Maybe Instagram just isn't the channel where they would like to be approached about a particular issue.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @AndyHTu , I will add some top experts to share their thoughts @NicoleSengers @karstenkoehler @Josh would you be able to share some insights and thoughts about the @AndyHTu matter?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

AndyHTu
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you @PamCotton 🙂

0 Upvotes