How to create multiple groups of default pages for social posts??

Occasional Contributor

Hi There!

Not sure if anyone has a similar situation, but we manage 122 Facebook pages and 185 Google+ pages, and we need to divide them by timezone to schedule posts for EST, Central, Mountain and PST. 

The posting tool allows you to save certain pages by default, i.e., making a default group of pages. This is helpful, but we need to make several groups of pages and be able to choose the group we post to as we schedule the posts each day.

I don't see a straightforward way to do this??

It is entirely too confusing and time consuming to check and uncheck each page, correctly, for the 185 Google+ pages and 122 FB pages.

So our work around is to use 3 different Hubspot user accounts and have a different default group of pages saved for each of these 3 accounts for the FB/Google+ pages. We have to sign-in to each account, and use a different browser for each as well.

It works out OK, but again it's rather cumbersome and confusing. We are also limited to only the 3 groupings, because of our 3 user accounts.

But if we wanted to make say 10 or 12 groups of these pages, what could we do?

Unsuccessful or Failed Posts - Also, when posting so many messages to large groups of pages, some of the messages fail to post b/c of API errors (HS says that posts are limited to 10 requests per second and 40,000 requests per day), apparently we exceed the 10 requests per second limitation. 

HS suggested us to break up our posts to smaller groups and post at different times, maybe posting to 20 pages at a time. Hence the need for us to have multiple default groups.

Maybe I'm missing something here... I appreciate any ideas or suggestions you might have.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor | Platinum Partner

Can you clarify whether you have this many social accounts for the same brand or are they for various brands?

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for asking... yes, they are for the same brand. There 185 franchise offices that we manage their social posts for... and most have both their own FB and Google+ page. However some only have a FB page, hence the reason for the why only 122 FB and 185 Google+.

Hope that helps!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor | Platinum Partner

@michae314

I wish I could give you more information on this, but unfortunately the majority of our partners are in the B2B space without that number of locations. 

With the additional info, maybe there's someone else in the community that will be able to answer it better than me. Smiley Happy

Best of luck!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks anyway Josh, I appreciate you looking into this! We seem to be an outlier of sorts...

Take care!

0 Upvotes