Social Tools

AllisonAltus
Top Contributor

How to change Change Image for Website linked in linkedin post

SOLVE

Hello, 

If i include a url in my linkedin post how do i edit/add an image to go with it? In the Linkedin platform i can select the top left camera icon on the image to change the image. I want to make sure when the user selects the image it goes straight to the url and does not just open an image. 

1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hover over the image on your link preview.  It should give you scroll buttons so you can choose between all of the images on the page.  If none of those work, there is a replace button as well.  These only appear when you hover over the image.

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
s011221

SOLVE

Can the same be done for Twitter posts? TY!

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

@s011221 Since I first responded to this post a few years ago some of the funtionality has changed.  Currently the only platform that I am aware of that you can change a link preview image on is LinkedIN. On that platform, hover over your image and click replace image. Neither Facebook nor Twitter allows this.  In those situations you may do better to convert your post type from a link post to a image post (with a link in the text).   Again, you can do that by hovering over the image and clicking "change to photo post." 

Depending upon the platform, You may find image posts get more engagement and more views anyway.  It's certainly worth testing to see how the two options perform.

- Trevor

trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

Hover over the image on your link preview.  It should give you scroll buttons so you can choose between all of the images on the page.  If none of those work, there is a replace button as well.  These only appear when you hover over the image.

- Trevor

0 Upvotes
dkamm

SOLVE

This solution only adresses choosing an image.

Another part of the question is: 

'I want to make sure when the user selects the image it goes straight to the url and does not just open an image' 

I have the same problem and I am looking for a solution. I am sure it will help a lot in creating traffic to our site. 

Dan