How to automatically pull social media info into contact record

taf
Contributor

There should be some way to do this, but I can't figure out how.

9 Replies 9
jackcola

What social media information are you wanting to automatically pull?

In terms of automation, if you are trying to find a contacts social media accounts based on their email, this will be difficult, as most social media services don't have this publically listed.

But if you provide a link to their social media accounts, what information do you want exactly? Followers, Likes, Status Updates, Posts, and what is your reasoning for this?

0 Upvotes
taf
Contributor

I simply wanted to pull their social media profile links. Other CRM programs do this, basing it, I guess, on a combination of their name and organization. (Some give you a couple of options and you can choose which is the right profile.)

HuskyLogic
I know firsr hand that Freshworks does this.
LukeTruanMusic
Participant

Nimble would be a good example of what this person is asking for. If HubSpot integrated the social media information gathering to the platform like Nimble does.....They would probably dominate the CRM market even more!

stevenblocker
Participant

Couldn't agree with you more, it is my #1 hubspot complaint!

LukeTruanMusic
Participant
Thank you for speaking up!
0 Upvotes
ibatt
Participant

Mailchimp has something like this and I wish HubSpot did too.

PamCotton
Community Manager

Wanted to update this conversation that with the introduction of GDPR legislation in the EU, social networks have adjusted how the data of their users is accessed. Our social Media Information properties are no longer consistently populated due to this change as we can view users' information from the social network but in order to populate the information in a property means we would need to store the information on our servers which is where things get tricky.

We still have the properties as some HubSpot customers have information populated from pre GDPR but they will not continue to update.

I hope this helps,

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes