Social Tools

KClouds
Participant

Help Managing Social Schedules Across Different Timezones

SOLVE

Hello! I am the social content manager for a large company. We have 4  twitter accounts (UK, IRE, AUS, CAN) and five Facebook accounts (UK, IRE, AUS, USA, CAN, SA)

Much of our content is similar, although as we have different sign-up links for leads generated in particular countries I write each schedule separately and upload via bulk uploader.

However, the timezones are causing me an issue. Is there some functionality to have hubspot automatically convert the times to the relevant local time?

At the moment a post goes out each day at 7am on all channels (UK time) I would like the go out at 7am local time instead.

How can I do this? Editing each individual time in all of my templates for each country is a large amount of work (we have over 600 posts going out and that's not including the UK content!)

I'd love to hear any ideas for managing similar scheduling across different timezones if possible!

1 Accepted solution
JonPayne
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@NicoleSengers 's answer is a good one, @KClouds. And you're right it's a great idea for a feature. Worth upvoting and commenting here:  https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Scheduling-Social-Post-in-HubSpot-the-ability-to-sele... 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KClouds 

That's a real challenge because timezones are set in your HubSpot portal-wide settings.

I would recommend doing one bulk upload per time zone so you don't need to manually edit times on every post.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
KClouds
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Nicole -

Thanks that is how I am currently doing it. I used an excel formula (datetime+5/24) to adjust the times I had already set to the appropriate country and then saved a sheet for each channel.

I was hoping there was a way I could use hubspot to indicate different channels were in different timezones. That would be a really useful feature!

0 Upvotes
JonPayne
Solution

SOLVE

@NicoleSengers 's answer is a good one, @KClouds. And you're right it's a great idea for a feature. Worth upvoting and commenting here:  https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Scheduling-Social-Post-in-HubSpot-the-ability-to-sele... 

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KClouds 

Thank you for reaching out

I want to tag some of our experts on this: @JonPayne @Josh @NicoleSengers @ndwilliams3 any tips or suggestions to share with @KClouds on this matter? 

Best, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes