Social Tools

chrsmith
Membre

Guide for attributing Twitter ad performance to HubSpot contacts (e.g. clicks to conversion)

Résolue

My company has been using Twitter ad campaigns, but that data isn't linked in any way to HubSpot. So we cannot associate the clicks on the Twitter ads with specific HubSpot contacts, and more importantly if those clicks lead to new user signups.

Is there a guide somewhere for how to set up the Twitter ad campaign so that the data properly flows to HubSpot? Specifically:

Traffic Analysis > Sources > Social Media > Twitter shows all of the sessions that presumably come from Twitter. But the bulk of those are attributed to "Unknown campaign". Where and how can I set that campaign?

After some unsucessful searches I would guess that the required workflow is something like the following, but I'd love a more authoriative answer and/or pointer to the right documentation.

- Do I first need to publish the Twitter tweet using HubSpot's Twitter integration? (Marketing > Social > Create Social Post) That way, the link to my website or property is generated by HubSpot and contains the correct referral attribution data?

- I then need to create a HubSpot marketing Campaign. (Marketing > Planning and Strategy > Campaigns). That campaign then needs to have the "creatives" being social media posts (those Tweets)?

- Finally, do I create the Twitter Ad campaign (ads.twitter.com) to then also promote those same tweets?

Does that sound right? Would going through those steps properly attribute the Twitter Ad campaign performance with the data in HubSpot? And ultimately allow me to drill into clicks on Twitter ads and page views / actions taken by individual HubSpot contacts?

1 Solution acceptée
Stevie
Solution
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Guide for attributing Twitter ad performance to HubSpot contacts (e.g. clicks to conversion)

Résolue

If you'd like to track your Twitter ads in Traffic Analytics, I'd recommend adding the following parameters to the end of your ad URLs:

• utm_medium=paid (other valid values: ppc, cpc, and paidsocial)
  • utm_source=twitter
  • utm_campaign=[name of your campaign]

The utm_medium value will make it so visits from your Twitter ads will be categorized in the Paid Social bucket of your Traffic Analytics report. When you drill down into Paid Social, you'll also see these visits specifically categorized under Twitter (due to the utm_source value), which can help you differentiate between traffic from your other ad networks. The utm_campaign parameter will allow you to customize the campaign name these visits are associated with so that they no longer show up as "Unknown campaign." 

It would be best to create these ads directly on your Twitter Ads platform rather than in HubSpot's social tool, since our social tool isn't specifically designed to create paid promotions and you'll have many more customization options when creating your paid content directly on Twitter Ads instead. 

Since it sounds like your ultimate goal is to associate these Twitter Ads with campaigns in your HubSpot Campaigns tool, you can create the tracking URLs with the parameters I mentioned above directly in the Campaigns tool or in the Tracking URL Builder in your HubSpot portal (while creating a tracking URL, you can select the campaign you'd like to associate with that URL, which will automatically set the utm_campaign value for you). Then, copy the tracking URLs you create for your HubSpot campaigns and use them when creating your Twitter ads.

I hope this helps!

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
Stevie
Solution

Résolue

If you'd like to track your Twitter ads in Traffic Analytics, I'd recommend adding the following parameters to the end of your ad URLs:

• utm_medium=paid (other valid values: ppc, cpc, and paidsocial)
  • utm_source=twitter
  • utm_campaign=[name of your campaign]

The utm_medium value will make it so visits from your Twitter ads will be categorized in the Paid Social bucket of your Traffic Analytics report. When you drill down into Paid Social, you'll also see these visits specifically categorized under Twitter (due to the utm_source value), which can help you differentiate between traffic from your other ad networks. The utm_campaign parameter will allow you to customize the campaign name these visits are associated with so that they no longer show up as "Unknown campaign." 

It would be best to create these ads directly on your Twitter Ads platform rather than in HubSpot's social tool, since our social tool isn't specifically designed to create paid promotions and you'll have many more customization options when creating your paid content directly on Twitter Ads instead. 

Since it sounds like your ultimate goal is to associate these Twitter Ads with campaigns in your HubSpot Campaigns tool, you can create the tracking URLs with the parameters I mentioned above directly in the Campaigns tool or in the Tracking URL Builder in your HubSpot portal (while creating a tracking URL, you can select the campaign you'd like to associate with that URL, which will automatically set the utm_campaign value for you). Then, copy the tracking URLs you create for your HubSpot campaigns and use them when creating your Twitter ads.

I hope this helps!

CMihaylov
Membre

Résolue

Hi Stevie, what about the Twitter ad costs? How can we import them to Hubspot?

0 Votes