Social Tools

MHManes
Participante

Error posting to Instagram despite correct image ratio (4:5)

resolver

I'm having problems adding an image to my scheduled Instagram post. Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 11.55.54 AM.png

Although an image is the correct ratio (4:5), I still get an error. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 11.55.30 AM.png

I've even clicked "edit" on the image to reconfigure the ratio to 4:5, but even though I use the in platform editor to crop the image, I still get an error when trying to upload.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 11.56.50 AM.pngAm I doing something wrong or is this a glitch?

Anyone have a solution? Thanks!

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
rbuckley
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi, @MHManes,

When you clone and edit a photo in the file manager, the file will be saved as a PNG. This can make the file size larger than it was initially due to the conversion. The best thing to do, is to check the file size of the clone in your file manager. If this is above the 4mb threshold, clone and edit the cropped version and resize the image to keep the file size down. Instagram recommends that the maximum file width is 1080px for Retna screens. This is a good width to start with.

Lisle

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
rbuckley
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi, @MHManes,

When you clone and edit a photo in the file manager, the file will be saved as a PNG. This can make the file size larger than it was initially due to the conversion. The best thing to do, is to check the file size of the clone in your file manager. If this is above the 4mb threshold, clone and edit the cropped version and resize the image to keep the file size down. Instagram recommends that the maximum file width is 1080px for Retna screens. This is a good width to start with.

Lisle

jennysowyrda
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @MHManes,

Have you reached out to Support about this? If you're encountering an unexpected error message, working with technical support will be the most direct way to resolve this issue. 

Let us know what you find out after talking with them!

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Me gusta