Change a video thumbnail - scheduling social postsSOLVE
Aug 21, 2018 12:49 AM
How do I change a video thumbnail when scheduling social posts? i.e. when uploading a video to YouTube, you are able to select a thumbnail or upload a new screen grab - can't seem to choose on Hubspot, and the thumbnail the system is selecting is not ideal - and rather random.
Any help appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Jan 4, 2019 9:01 PM
Hi @LaurenFPA and anyone else interested.
Unfortunately the Social Media publishing ignores the Custom Thumbnail image... the image shows up right through the process until it's published - the video resorts to the first frame (because of the autoplay).
However, with the new video functionality (in HubSpot Marketing Pro or Enterprise) you can change the thumbnail if you're embedding videos into HubSpot pages.
Assuming you have uploaded and embedded your video:
1. click on the video to show the "Edit | Remove" pop-up
2. click on the video to show the "Video Options" pop-up
3. click "Edit video details" which slides in a panel from the right of the screen
4. click "Change thumbnail image" below the video preview
5. upload your Thumbnail image
Also, this is a good opportunity to optimes your video for SEO.
Hope this helps anyone else looking for Custom Thumbnails