Social Tools

kmmeaghan

Can you customize the image on a link-sharing post (on Facebook and LinkedIn)?

SOLVE

The link preview populates properly when creating a Facebook and LinkedIn post. But when you try and customize the image (so that users are still redirected to the URL when they click the image), it then removes the hyperlink altogether. 

Is there a way to customize the image in a link sharing post? Otherwise, when the post is live, users will click the image and it will only expand the post, not take them to the intended website. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
erzaga20
Solution
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey friends,

I created a short video explaining how to customize the image. I hope this is helpful! Please reply if you have any other questions 🙂

Best

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
erzaga20
Solution

SOLVE

Hey friends,

I created a short video explaining how to customize the image. I hope this is helpful! Please reply if you have any other questions 🙂

Best

gonephishn32

SOLVE

Thanks for posting this. Since your solution, it seems that LinkedIn has changed how they do links. We try this method and it looks great on Hubspot, but then when posting to LinkedIn it changes the zoom on the image in a manner not intended. Any new solutions? Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @kmmeaghan,

This article outlines how social sharing images work. Basically the featured image is going to be pulled in from whatever it is set to be in the original source. If you're experiencing something different can you share some screenshots/links to what you're seeing?

0 Upvotes
afsullivan
Participant

SOLVE

I just stumbled across this post—I'd also like to know how to do this. It's very easy to replace the link image natively on Facebook, but it seems impossible on HubSpot, and that's quite annoying.

0 Upvotes