Social Tools

AlinaS

Can't edit my Facebook post in social publisher - Heading & Preview text

SOLVE

I've noticed that I am no longer able to edit the Heading and preview text of Facebook link posts, within the social media editor. You used to be able to do this, and customise the text that would display in the thumbnail on the Facebook page. 

I can still edit these details for LinkedIn posts... have Facebook suddenly limited their API or something?

1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Got it - sorry I missed that your were trying to edit the link preview. The issue you're having isn't because of anything on HubSpot's end.  It's because Facebook no longer allows editing of the link preview from the API.  See this post from HootSuite's support page: https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009836987 

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
trevordjones

SOLVE

You still can.  Click scheduled in the left column, then click the message you want to edit.  It will open on the right hand side and you should be able to click anywhere and edit your post.  Then, click update at the bottom of your screen and you're done!  You may need to refresh the list of scheduled messages to see your changes in the queue.

- Trevor

0 Upvotes
AlinaS

SOLVE

No, I can't edit the Heading and the preview text of the thumbnail - only the post text itself. Regardless of whether I'm trying to edit when I originally create the post, or if I schedule it, and then go back in to edit, as you have described... I cannot edit the heading directly below the picture, or the preview text directly below that. See how in the picture below, I can edit that stuff on LinkedIn post, but not Facebook: 

I can edit LinkedIn heading 7 preview text, but not FacebookI can edit LinkedIn heading 7 preview text, but not Facebook

0 Upvotes
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

Got it - sorry I missed that your were trying to edit the link preview. The issue you're having isn't because of anything on HubSpot's end.  It's because Facebook no longer allows editing of the link preview from the API.  See this post from HootSuite's support page: https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009836987 

- Trevor