Social Tools

MissoulaSocialM

Appealing Facebook suspension after being hacked

SOLVE

Hi everyone. Well, it's finally happenned to ME. A hacker attached themselves to my Instagram account and Facebook has suspended my personal profile. Luckily, I was able to remove the malicious account right away and still have access to Instagram. But, I am now forced to use Business Suite to manage my clients' Facebook pages.

Next step: appeal Facebook's decision. Anyone had success with this? Any tips or recommendations? I found an email: appeals@fb.com. But, I'm not super confident that Facebook will do anything.

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

I'm not sure if an appeal will work - and speaking from experience, creating a new account and moving your client's pages over won't resolve the issue...they're relegated to Business Suite unless you win the appeal.

I haven't had this happen in a few years, so maybe somethings changed, it's definitely worth appealing though.

I'm sorry you've had to go through this @MissoulaSocialM, wishing you luck with your appeal!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

I'm not sure if an appeal will work - and speaking from experience, creating a new account and moving your client's pages over won't resolve the issue...they're relegated to Business Suite unless you win the appeal.

I haven't had this happen in a few years, so maybe somethings changed, it's definitely worth appealing though.

I'm sorry you've had to go through this @MissoulaSocialM, wishing you luck with your appeal!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes