Social Tools

BigTFlyer

Adding URL to Social Media Images

SOLVE

We are looking to add a url link to the images that we post to our social media without having the url link in the body of the post. Is that possible? Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @KOS @BigTFlyer this is not currently possible using the HubSpot social publishing tool. These are features that are currently reserved for posting directly off the LinkedIn and Twitter platforms. 

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27
SSalisbury0
Participant

SOLVE

Hi - any news on this option being available yet?

0 Upvotes
lindahouben
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

It's 2023 now. Why isn't this a feature yet.

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @lindahouben,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for your valuable Product feedback!

I will share this internally to bring visibility to this topic. Also, I have found this similar idea already submitted: "Hyperlink Images - Social Media".

I encourage you to upvote for the idea (this way it will have more chances to be implemented in the future), and follow the thread to receive the update status.

Thanks,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

AndreaTinner
Participant

SOLVE

This feature would be pretty important for us too! Please keep updates posted or if possible, happy to join a beta group. Best, Andrea

FilippoL
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

I'd like to share a Youtube video and a webpage URL on the same post social media post (Facebook and LInkedIn). When I add the Youtube video url Hubspot show me the video preview, but when I add the post text with the link to a website landing page the Youtube video preview is no longer showed.

Any solution?

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

thank you for sharing @Buzzbeat 

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Redens
Participant

SOLVE

Is HubSpot planning to improve this feature and give customers the ability to post to LinkedIn and Twitter with clickable images? What are we paying for here? We have seen more success (higher engagement and click through rate) when we post directly on LinkedIn and Twitter.

Buzzbeat

SOLVE

We have found that using HS if you first post the copy and then the link (and there is an image on the linked page), HS will pre-insert the landing page image. If you then replace / upload with your photo using the HS tool it will apply the original landing page URL to the new image making it directly clickable. GL.

michellelewis
Contributor

SOLVE
Sorry GL I don't understand your explanation. Can you go through it again?

Regards,
Michelle Lewis | Marketing Manager
Mobile: 0405 667 240 | Tel: (02) 9381 9999
Email: michelle.lewis@mobilecorp.com.au
Address: Level 6, Suite 6.06, 247 Coward St, Mascot NSW 2020
MobileCorp accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Redens 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot but I understand how this could be useful for you and other users, I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

donrua
Top Contributor

SOLVE

You can likely get all of that image in the LI post if you change the dimensions. I believe the specs for LI img posts are is 552 pixels wide by 368 pixels tall (or an aspect ratio of 3:2), but yours is vertical. Not sure what LI would think about the CTA button, since it seems competing with thier own desire to sell LI ads.

As for adding links tosocial, when I need to I typically post all in HS, then go to LI to add a link or to add hyperlinks to companies mentioned in it. It's a pain, but doable.

0 Upvotes
Martin_Masse

SOLVE

@michellelewis havn't used it for a couple of months,   site is up though.  at what stage are you experiencing issues ?  I can test on mine ..

0 Upvotes
michellelewis
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Martin. I just tried it again and it worked ...sort of. This is what appeared on Linkedin 

michellelewis_0-1614317995079.png

This is what I was hoping would appear.

michellelewis_1-1614318069466.png

0 Upvotes
skelleher
Participant

SOLVE

We utilize our Facebook and LinkedIn images to publicize job postings on our website and used to have a button on the image that was able to lead to a specified URL when we were using Sprout Social. Is this something Hubspot is planning to implement?

KateH
Contributor

SOLVE

I'd like an answer to this too.  When you post through HubSpot the image has no link so we are relying on people to click the link in the text.  I even had someone ask we to send then the link in the comments from one of my posts even though the link was already in the text!!!

You naturally click on the image not the link!

Martin_Masse

SOLVE

Hey gang !   here's a workaround I found.   it's free

there is a paid version that allows you to see stats and manage many pictures.

For our side, we are using it to make custom banners of speakers for a conference.   we ask them to post it to there networks.  Nice to know who are best influencers are 🙂  enjoy.

https://anyimage.io/

TKennish-Ward
Participant

SOLVE

Brilliant. Thanks for this @Martin_Masse. I am trying to embed a link to a Youtube video from a static image as uploading large videos is not possible in Hubspot or LinkedIn and more importantly, if you link straight to YouTube with a link in LinkedIn it distorts the imagery which then looks rubbish. This is a great work around suggestion I am going to try out. GOOD CALL!!!!! 

michellelewis
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Martin - is this site still working for you? I have tried to access it but having all sorts of problems. 

0 Upvotes
KateH
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Martin,

Thanks for sharing this - did you manage to use it from HubSpot Social?

Its a great tool but I want to link the posts to campaigns.

I get a message to say preview not available

I am going to have a play with it fir sure 🙂

Thanks

Kate

0 Upvotes
Martin_Masse

SOLVE
Using in parallel for now.
Let me know if you find a hack of some sort 🙂