Social Media

cmeister97
Participant

What are your tips for engagement on LinkedIn?

Hi everyone. Excited to be here. 

I am currently in the marketing department of a sustainability B2B company. Our LinkedIn engagement is very low and this is our only form of social media. The only people who really interact with our posts are employees. Any ideas? I'm really looking to completely revamp this: any and all suggestions are apperciated. 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
cmeister97
Participant

Dan! Thank you so much. This is very helpful. 

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @cmeister97. Great question and one that I've run into acorss multiple brands. You're not alone! 

First, I'm a believer in the personal side of LinkedIn. Encouraging employees to build their own voices there while sharing company news and posts helps create a holistic LinkedIn strategy. 

Also, using the company page to share employee posts helps to humanize the brand and continue that symbiotic relationship. 

Have you added a LinkedIn line to your company email signatures? Running a month-long campaign with a line about "Connect with us on LinkedIn for industry insights and conversations" in each employee's signature will increase awareness. 

Finally, even though we think of LinkedIn as strictly business, humanizing your brand by letting the voice of the brand shine through, sharing industry news with your brand's take on it and showcasing the humans behind the scenes can all help increase engagement. 

Bonus: Test! Every post you try, go back and investigate how engagement worked. Did people comment? Did the post send traffic to your website? Is LinkedIn traffic converting into leads? All of these questions should be driving your overall strategy. 

Hope that helps inspire some ideas! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
RachelJ
Contributor

Hey there,

My recommendation is to have all your employees ensure they are connected to your company in LinkedIn, then have your sales team send out connect requests to people who are in the right industry just to make them aware of you and the fact that you have common interests, once connected, those people will see your posts and therefore hopefully attract more engagement 😊

0 Upvotes