Social Media

SKing7

Social Media Reels

Any recommendations on how to make really good reels? I had one reach 5k views, but since then, my reels have lost the amount of hits. I have been putting in hashtags and trending music into my reels. any suggestions

4 Replies 4
EKnaack
Contributor

Social Media Reels

Hey @SKing7! Highly recommend doing some sort of camera swipe or an entrance when starting the reel. The first two seconds are crucial to getting the viewer's attention. I find a lot of success in doing "how-to" or "3 things" type of phrasing in the beginning so it's setting their expectation of what value they are going to be getting out of the reel. Hope this helps!

AMujidat
Key Advisor

Social Media Reels

I would have loved to contribute but am not a fan of Instagram. I basically use Facebook & LinkedIn.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Social Media Reels

Hi @SKing7,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I wanted to provide you with these two resources on creating reels:

I'll add some members from the Social Media Study Group as well to get their take on how to create engaging reels! 

Hi all! @SKing7 is looking for tips on how to get more hits on their reels. Do you have any tips on how to increase reels' engagement on Instagram? 

@Kat_Nap@AMujidat@DavidDennison@JSiacor@tkheartist@marketinggirl1@kristinasaha@MPasquarello 

Thanks!

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Kat_Nap
Contributor

Social Media Reels

I do agree, you need something engaging in the first 2 seconds. If a reel takes too long to get to the point, that's a swipe. Viewers also need to have their expextations met. If you have entertaining content, don't bore them with educational or advertising content.

One of your reels did well, but the others haven't. That's a point to do some research. Why did the one reel perform well? Was is something that you had planned for, or was it random? What do you know about your target audience, and did you really speak to your buyer persona with the well performing reel? Collect some data, and use that research for your upcoming content.