Social Media

EJudson
Participant

Should I retweet myself?

Is it fine to retweet one of my own tweets so that new people see it?

From,

Eric

7 Replies 7
RJaglan
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Should I retweet myself?

Hi @EJudson 

Absolutely, you should do it. In fact, it's one of the growth strategies for "personal branding" on Twitter.

Here's a quick plan for retweeting strategy:

• You need analytical tools or at least a social management tool (try the HubSpot Social Media tool)
  • First of all, analyse your best-performing tweets (most liked, most retweets, comments etc)
  • Then make a list of order (the order should be highly engaged tweets to least) and group them into topics or cluster the same tweets.
  • Once you have the list, it's time for execution; find out the most active days when your followers are online and at least find out when they engage with your time.
  • Now retweet as a mixture of content (someday retweet most performing tweets of yours and other days least performing)
  • Remember; day & time are absolutely important. For every account, it works differently!
  • Use your old tweets twice a week, not more than that! No one wants to feel like there feed is a spam feed!
  • Keep your eye on trends, and topics and use Twitter threads. And engage with your followers, with their tweets. Make them feel important! Connect with them on a personal level.
  • Here's a course on HubSpot Academy: twitter-strategy by HubSpot Academy

Cheers and good luck with retweets 🙂

Thank you @kvlschaefer for tagging me.  You are the best and always taking care of the community 💚

EJudson
Participant

Should I retweet myself?

Thanks so much for the helpful tips 😃 

0 Upvotes
JenBergren
Guide

Should I retweet myself?

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer ! @FindTroy and @CGarnett may be more of a twitter expert for you here 🙂

@EJudson can you let us know what you mean by "new people" -- have you added a lot of new followers recently and you want to retweet something from before all of them started following you, for example?

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
EJudson
Participant

Should I retweet myself?

Hi @JenBergren,

For context, I'm running the account for an alumni relations department at a university. We've added a few followers recently, but I was going to retweet a tweet that contains a link to register for a webinar. I'm hoping to get more people to sign up.

From,

Eric

FindTroy

Should I retweet myself?

Thanks for the tag @JenBergren!

I'd say the best way to "retweet" a tweet is by via quote tweeting where you can add more value to the tweet, plus it would give double the traction. Would be my best advice. 

EJudson
Participant

Should I retweet myself?

Thanks for the tip 😃

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Should I retweet myself?

Hi @EJudson,

Thanks for reaching out!

I would like to add study group members to this conversation to see if they have advice.

Hi @RJaglan@Jnix284@ericajfinley@JenBergren - Do you have any thoughts on retweeting your tweets to reach a new audience?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !