Social Media

crystalking
Academy Team
Academy Team

New to the Social Media Study Group? Introduce yourself here ‌⬇️‌

One of the best ways to learn social media marketing is by implementing strategies and sharing ideas with other social media practitioners, just like you.

That’s why we’re so excited to create this community of social media marketers to learn and grow better together!

To get started, say hello and introduce yourself. Here are some questions to help you get started:

• What's your current role?
  • What industry do you currently work in?
  • In your opinion, what's the most effective social media channel to use for promotion (and why)?
  • What's the last memorable social media update you remember from a company (feel free to share a link to it as well)?
  • What are you hoping to get out of this study group?

Check out my latest course: The Power of Fanocracy https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/fanocracy
3,864 Replies 3,864
JAmeh

. I currently hold the position of a social media manager/marketer

. I work for a business newspaper company in the newspaper industry

. I will say that the best social media channel to use for promotion is instagram. My reason for this statement is that instagram (like all social media) was designed to promote brands and products/services. What puts it ahead is that it is well suitable for visual contents and allows more engagement-friendly.

. The last memorable social media update I remember from my company is the infusion of new content strategies and schedules that helped improve the engagement rates, attract new page visitors and gain more followers with limited resources like promotions.

. I am hoping to understand the whole mix of utilizing social media as a powerful marketing and public relations tool, while also learning the audience mechanics associated with the platform.

0 Upvotes
AMartins4

Hello,my name is Ashley Martins.

• I am currently a student at RSU.
  • I currently own my own Photography business Ashley + Co. Media LLC
  • In my opinion the most effective social media channel to use for promotion is the one you can be consistent on
  • last memoriable social media hmmm, well to be honest I think that it was facebook groups or more recently the link to your website for stories.
  • I am hoping to get genuine education and support through this group as well as reciprocating and serving as well.

Talk to you all again real soon!

0 Upvotes
CStone5
Participant

Hi Everyone,

My current role is a business advisor for a non-profit working with female entrepreneurs to grow or start their business. I find Instagram to be the easiest and most user friendly for my clients and people not familiar with social media. Instagram also, has become the yellow pages of today's generations so any business not on it does themselves a diservice. 

As Jeanette mentioned in an earlier post about LUSH ending their social media presence, I too am intrigued with this and wonder how long they can go on like this, especially during a pandemic. So many small business owners survived due to their social media presence or collaberations so I am curious about LUSH. Though, I love they did this, because social media can be so negative on the human individual. 

I am hoping to get from this study group new view points and a community that I can reach out to when I have questions or need to brainstorm for inspiration. 

Thanks!

Clancy

0 Upvotes
YuliLeon
Participant

Hi everyone! I'm happy to join this group and together navigate the constantly changing world of digital marketing! I want to take this 2022 as an opportunity to expand my knowledge & become a Pro through courses, certifications, connecting with experts, and a lot of testing and practice 🙂 In the last 4 years, I've been sort of a virtual assistant for NPOs operating in the field of medical education. Starting from zero, I've focused on social media marketing, mainly organic comms, contributing at different campaign stages (auditing, planning, publishing, monitoring & reporting), and helped in drafting and reporting on targeted email campaigns. One of the areas I'd like to explore is social media/email automation but I stay open to what I find along the way. 

The most effective promo channels in our field 🤔 ? Twitter and Instagram have shown good results as our TAs tend to be more active there. It would be interesting to exchange points of view, experiences, resources etc with other experts. Sharing expertise and advice is one of the things I'd like to get from this group... so let's start 🙂

0 Upvotes
KPortillo0
Participant

Hi all, 

I have a legal backgroud as a case manager/new client on boarding/new client intakes. I'm looking to pivot into tech. 

0 Upvotes
JMontroy
Participant

Hello!

I recently left my job doing marketing coordination and new product scouting in the Grocery Industry (Natural/Organic channel) and am looking to start my own business! I'd like to pivot away from grocery and packaged goods and concentrate on my original education/skill set - Holistic Nutrition. I'm looking to increase my skills in social media marketing to help me launch my new business. The first/most effective platform I'd like to target is Instagram. 

The last memorable social media update I remember from a company, honestly, is LUSH, deciding to actually vacate social media! It caused me to do a lot of thinking... 🤔 what is their overall marketing strategy? Will they work with influencers? Will they still in egage in other forms of digital marketing? I'm so curious as to what metrics are behind this decision. It definately was effective in the short term in that it stuck out in my mind and got me thinking about them a lot! 

I am hoping that this group will be a source of networking, inspiration, and informal knowledge sharting! 

Cheers!

Jeannette 

cluis

Hi!

I am looking for a career change. Have had jobs in traditional marketing many moons ago in the cable television industry and in non-profit organizations; am looking to improve my "on-the-fly" social media knowledge and increase my understanding of various platforms.

Jules2194

Hi I'm Julia, I'm self employed providing social media and admin help to overwhelmed business owners. I'm here to learn more and get certified so I can offer additional social media services. I look forward to being part of the group😊

G_Allison
Participant

My current role is Marketing Assistant and Graphic Designer, but Social Media Management is a huge part of my job.

I currently work in higher education. I believe, for my industry, there are different social media channels best used for promotion for our different audiences. I think the traditional students (18-24) are best reached on Instagram. I think parents, who are going back to having more of a stake in what their children choose for their education, are best reached on Facebook.

The most memorable social media update was our Monarch Mask video. We did a video to promote our COVID-19 policies ahead of Halloween, when we knew plenty of students would be out partying.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1b0BZFnjhA 

I hope to learn more from my fellow marketers and social media managers.

YuliLeon
Participant

Hi @G_Allison! I used to work in the same sector, Higher Edu, and agree with you about IG and FB being good SoMe channels. What about TikTok, still not that popular among early young adults? do you have any insights on that? 

G_Allison
Participant

Yes! I believe TikTok is a great resource to reach the traditional college audience with fun and trending content. The only trouble I have is that my institution has a pretty serious voice. We plan to launch a new web redesign in the coming year or two, and my hope is to convince my leadership that that would be a good time to take on a more conversation and helpful voice and just modify our tone for those more serious moments.

0 Upvotes
deddyAS

Hi everybody my name Deddy from Indonesia, I am new to marketing, I work in education industry as power BI trainer, I hope I get more knowledge from this group.

0 Upvotes
KHKhan

hello. I am self employed. I am really happy to join this community.

vekanayake

• HI I am Viduni from Sri Lanka
  • I am a freelance content writer
  • I studied Aeronautics and currently reading for my MBA
  • In my opinion,  the most effective social media channel to use for promotion is instagram since it is user friendly and engaging.
  • The last memorable social media update I remember is about a job vacancy at Modern Learning Studio
  • I hope to polish my skills in social media marketing .
Adubi

Hello, my name is Pelumi.

I work in the digital industry

My most effective social media channel for promotion is Instagram because it has all I need to help me reach my target audience, increase engagement and convert copies ads to sales.

My last memorable social media update from a company is from Sterling Bank. The update is too have an accountability partner that can help to achieve one's goals. (Click here to check it out)

I hope to be better at social media marketing by rubbing minds with other great people here.

shreyank
Contributor

Hello my name is shreyank. Currently I am a student and have no role yet.

Most effective channel is Instagram as it has highly engaging content and has majority audience between 17-35 year which increases the purchasing power and decision making . Last memorable post I remember was of Indian startup Groww IG page which explained no. of participants in stock market and the major cause of people not taking part in it.

I am hoping to get views and ideologies of different people form different countries.

CDon

Hello,

My name is Corey. I run day to day client interactions for a branding start-up. I think that Instagram is currently king because of the steady new features and humanized interaction with potential and current customers. There is a small buisness out of Indianapolis which specializes in cocktail classes for small get-to-gethers.  Their IG is filled with fresh and fun content giving people a little taste of what it is like to be in one of their classes. I am hoping to have a community of people who are interested in using social media to help grow buisnesses.

CBall203
Participant

Hey All. I'm Chuck and I'm the head of marketing for an edtech startup in Boston. Too early to bring on a full-time social media guru so I get to wear this additional hat!  Looking to build Brand / Platform credibility and create awareness among K-12 Teachers & Tutors primarily.  Subscriber to the HubSpot platform as well.

LCrepaz

Hi everyone! My name's Leah, I'm a Media Account Exec at an indie ad agency in the UK looking to step out from traditional media and into the social world.

I love Instagram and think well-matched influencer partnerships can be a great way of advertising - if I can tell an influencer I follow genuinely has used & believes in a product, I'm twice as likely to remember it and potentially purchase it.

The last memorable update for me came from the National Trust amongst my Instagram stories, using nothing but a soundscape, a photograph and some text reminding me to take a pause, and that we all need to take moments out in nature to find our calm.

I'm hoping to learn about what goes on behind a social campaign to create a successful and show-stopping piece of marketing. I'm also looking to rebrand myself personally online so will be borrowing any inspiration from the course for myself! Looking forward to getting to know the community 😊

AOropesa

Hi my name is Alexa and I am from Florida. I currently work in the finance industry and I am trying to expand my skill set because I am currently unhappy where I am at. I am also wanting to eventually adventure out and do the "van life", and I want to expand my skills to find a position where I can both work and live my van adventure. 

alexandrabragg
Participant

My name is Lexi and I just joined this study group today! I am currently a Senior at Liberty University earning my BBA in Digital Marketing and Advertising. I am very excited to expand my knowledge by learning more from other professionals, experiences, and organic conversations.

In my opinion, the most effective social media channel to use for promotion is Instagram. This is because the platform offers the best tools for businesses to use to expand their brand, business, and audience. Some of their tools include allowing business accounts to link their website and/or product within a story post, offering Instagram Shopping, engaging features, and detailed analytics.

The last memorable social media update I remember from Instagram was when the app added Reels. Videos have always been a passion of mine to make because they have the potential to share so much more than a single photo. I have seen countless small businesses grow thanks to the Reels feature and will continue to use it myself because of the opportunities it brings.

From this study group I hope to gain insight on multiple perspectives from others on how to use social media to a business's advantage. I am always trying to be open-minded to new techniques, knowledge, and experiences that I can take and apply to my career.