Social Media

crystalking
Academy Team
Academy Team

How have you seen brands change an unhappy customer into a happy one?

Statista tells us that 47% of US consumers have a more favorable view of brands that respond to customer service questions or complaints on social media. What are some ways you've seen brands change consumer opinions via social media?

*To learn more about this, check out the Using Social Media to Build One-to-One Relationships lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

Check out my latest course: The Power of Fanocracy https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/fanocracy
817 Replies 817
ASolomon

Social media tactics like asking on Instagram stories or taking reviews online helps brands getting an honest opinion from consumers

mruiz12
Participant

By apology in the comment section or retweets. Usually followed by an explanation or a call to action to reach out in DM o Inbox. 

0 Upvotes
EEimer
Participant

Direct contact on social media. Showing they care enough to respond publicly and acknowledge the issue in front of an audience. 

0 Upvotes
SGures

Nike and its perfect digital marketing activities!

HEmori
Participant

They reply intelligently; more like looking for ways to make it up to the customer.

0 Upvotes
JenniferSch

Brands using negative feedback for their commercials and turning it into a funny sketch while also showing how things are really done. I just love whom a bit of humor can make a brand so much more relatable.

Ebigrace01

Responding to negative comments with love and not with harsh words. 

PT6

JetBlue has a fantastic iPhone chat bot/app to resolve issues. I fly mostly JetBlue, and whenever I have issues with them, calling their customer service line is my first action step. Like most airlines, their call waiting times are atrocious -- at least 30-45 minutes. This is not satisfactory if you're in the middle of a crisis, like if JetBlue cancelled your flight and you're stuck in a layover city. 

Luckily, their iPhone chat is super quick. I usually get my problem taken care of in less than 10 minutes. I honestly don't understand why they can't get their phone center act together. But thank you technology!

AMeduri

United Airlines quick response via twitter

SArena

By immediately responding to a negative comment or review

0 Upvotes
BChristian9
Participant

Disney replying to a person about something they've seen in a Disney movie that isn't exactly right for their culture.

sfox

Responding directly to bad reviews left on yelp or google. In addition, engaging more with the customers, tagging them, and calling them out on the social media pages. People want to be seen and tagging them/reposting them to a popular account boosts their excitement about the brand/business.

Oo
Contributor

the customer's problem seriously and respond as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.

0 Upvotes
ATrevino7

It is important to respond to every complaint in order to turn it around. They say that one satified customer will tell two people but an unsatisfied one will tell a thousand.

DDiamante
Participant

By immediately responding to a complain.  Customers love it when they are taking them seriously by the brands.  Personal approach with a touch of a heart on a response.

leahneave

The only way I have seen brands communicate to unhappy customers were when there was an issue and they commincated professionally while at the same time in a real and authentic way. Most customers would understand this as they received an outcome and were happy with it. 

BVillasana

On social media, I've seen some bad reviews about a place, and customer service will apologize and gift them with a coupon or let them know it won't happen next time. Customers will know by responding to both positive and negative reviews, they know that the company is communicative.

SCoyle2

No

0 Upvotes
DavidMendoza
Participant

Being real and transparent to your customers can definetly change the perspective of the customer to your brand. Let them feel that they are valued through active engagement.

TOdutayo

Generally being honest and providing solutions to genuinely help resolve their issues.

MFriedman79

The firm I work for actually tracks PRT, Problem Response Time.  We have found that customers that had a major problem which was responded to the same day, are more loyal than customers who never had a mjor incident.