Social Media

MRoss85
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Claiming a Facebook page from a company that no longer exists. Please Help!!!

Hello all! I'm super excited to be a part of this group and I look forward to all the chats and discussions in this group of experts. I'm sorry to start my introduction to the group like this, but I could really use some help. My company has a client who was doing social media marketing for one of their providers and was managing all of their Facebook pages and ads. I guess my client was going through a third-party service to manage the social accounts and now the provider wants ownership of that account. The problem? Well, my client no longer works with that third-party service and in fact, they are no longer a company. And the Facebook page and account were built by this third-party company and we don't have access to the account they built everything on. Is there ANY way we can get ownership access for our client's provider? They don't want to start over because they have a pretty decent following.

Any insights would be greatly appriciated. Thank you all so, so much!

2 Replies 2
DavidDennison
Key Advisor

You need to go through FB support and start an "admin dispute". You'll need business documents proving that the company indeed owns that FB page. It should take about a week or so.

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MRoss85,

I haven't tried this before myself, but I found this article that might be helpful in this situation. 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings