Using a workflow to fill out a form field

SOLVE
nlafakis
Contributor

I can't say that I've dived DEEP into the community posts for this one but I skimmed and didn't see anything related. This seems like a super easy thing to be able to do, and it even looks like it should be based on the interface, but what I'm trying to do is this:

I have a form with several hidden fields. I'd like to leave one unmarked, lets call it PIGGIE

In the form, there are additional fields that are triggered when someone fills out their phone number. It triggers the address fields (address, city, state, zip).

In the workflow, I want it to if/then that when someone fills out the form, if they have NOT filled out the phone field, and address field, then PIGGIE's value becomes No.

If they HAVE filled phone and address fields, PIGGIE's value becomes Yes.

Right now, I have it setup as described above, but my main question is the logic within the if/then statement. If I'm using "Is Known," as the filter for Phone Number, that means that if anything is in that field, it triggers? Or should I be using a different filter? I'm just wanting it to say that if there is ANY value entered into the field then trigger A, if not, then trigger B.

I've tested it using the above method but no success in the field option changing to what I need it to be after the form submission.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer

Hi @nlafakis,

It could be as simple as this:

karstenkoehler_0-1639678716970.png

A few notes of explanation:

1. If you want to later set a value for a property, that property does not have to be included on the form as a hidden property.

2. The workflow does not have to check for the phone number, as the phone number must be known if the street address is known – as the street address is a conditional field.

3. If you require all address fields to be filled (and they're not mandatory on the form), you would add them to the branch.

4. Yes, "known" is (here) equivalent to "has been filled out in a website form".

Let me know if this helps or whether there are any issues with this workflow on your end.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer

Hi @nlafakis,

It could be as simple as this:

karstenkoehler_0-1639678716970.png

A few notes of explanation:

1. If you want to later set a value for a property, that property does not have to be included on the form as a hidden property.

2. The workflow does not have to check for the phone number, as the phone number must be known if the street address is known – as the street address is a conditional field.

3. If you require all address fields to be filled (and they're not mandatory on the form), you would add them to the branch.

4. Yes, "known" is (here) equivalent to "has been filled out in a website form".

Let me know if this helps or whether there are any issues with this workflow on your end.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

nlafakis
Contributor

Works perfectly! Would have helped if I had payed attention to my own mistake and used COMPANY address instead of Contact address 😝

Sorry for the wasted post, but thank you for the quick help!

0 Upvotes