Share Your Work

KCreese
Membro

Using a PIM to manage Department/Category Pages

resolver

We currently utilize a PIM to manage our content for all marketing products.  Recently a conversation was struck around using our PIM to manage our product category pages.  After some discussions with our VAR it was determined that we could push a feed that does link to our department pages (or category pages) and publish information like meta titles, meta descriptions, short descriptions, long descriptions, ect.  I like the idea of using a PIM because it will be easier for me to export the data collected for each department page and manage their completeness.  There are members of my team who do not like idea and indicate that having a scheduled update to a department page, in which no content is updated will have a negative effect on our SEO value.  I'm trying to explore if that is really the case or if that commend is inaccurate.  So here is my question:

Does using a feed to update department page information have a negative affect on SEO score if no content is being updated?  

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
danmoyle
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite

resolver

Hey @KCreese. My thoughts, FWIW: While I've not used a PIM to update page information, I don't see why updating meta descriptions or other non-public content, while not updating public content, will negatively impact SEO. We do it ny hand, updating tags or descriptions, titles and URLs. I'm not sure why a PIM feed would be any different. My opinion: You're most likely safe. I'd definitely test it! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
danmoyle
Solução

resolver

Hey @KCreese. My thoughts, FWIW: While I've not used a PIM to update page information, I don't see why updating meta descriptions or other non-public content, while not updating public content, will negatively impact SEO. We do it ny hand, updating tags or descriptions, titles and URLs. I'm not sure why a PIM feed would be any different. My opinion: You're most likely safe. I'd definitely test it! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
TiphaineCuisset
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @KCreese 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @Sam62 @NicoleSengers @johnelmer @danmoyle @JonPayne do you have any idea on this for @KCreese ? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !