Share Your Work

ben-duchy
Top Contributor

Site map hotspots with slider

I've recently rolled out an update to a custom module (sitemap) featuring hotspots. Not only is it now controlled using HubDB, the annoying popups have been replaced with a slider when the user interacts with one of the hotspots. I've also added a simple pulse effect on the plots that are still available to emphasise it's clickable. It's fully responsive too!

Feedback would be appreciated.
https://www.duchyhomes.co.uk/developments/north-east/morpeth 

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@ben-duchy, looks nice.  

Unrelated, the cta above takes an awfully long time to load.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ap1zluy2zbbvam/delayed%20cta.mov?dl=0

Thanks for sharing!

ben-duchy
Top Contributor

Hi @dennisedson good spot.

Yeah I've noticed this across the whole website and it's become a bit of a headache.

It appears to only affect HubSpot cta as standard buttons such as the 'request a callback' load immediately.

It's possibly due to a css styling issue and how the cta works - The browser needs to fetch the cta component which itself is pointing to a css class and thus the browser has to make 2 trips which is causing the delay.

Unfortunately embedding the styling on the button isn't an option as these buttons are used throughout the site (with different urls) and so using one css file for styling makes the most sense.

I'm confident the code on these buttons can be simplified whilst maintaining the same styling so I'm hoping to fix this issue between other projects. If this doesn't work I may have to look at 'lazy loading'.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @ben-duchy!

cc @dennisedson@AntonB@Stephanie-OG@Kevin-C

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C
Recognized Expert | Partner

Thanks for the tag @jennysowyrda

@ben-duchyAwesome interaction! My only critique would be that the pulse effect is less effective when there are a lot of availble units. Maybe some sort of delayed or sequential timing could resolve that. But thats just my opinion. Great solution!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
ben-duchy
Top Contributor

Thanks for your feedback @Kevin-C.

That's a valid point. I'll have to look further into this.

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C

From a cost/benefit standpoint its low hanging fruit on the cost side, but the benefit is also rather low as well.

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
0 Upvotes