Share Your Work

RCamuset

Problem to import data

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

I have a problem to import data.

I want to update my lifecycle statut, from "Lead" to "Abonné".
I carefully copied and pasted the exact name from the property to my Spreadsheet and chose the right column to update during the importation of data.

But i always receive the same error message.

Do we have to put some " " around the names ? I tried to download a template but it doesn't seem to have anything around the names.

Sorry to ask it here, if it's the wrong place. I was'nt able to find any good place to ask about my problem.

Thanks a lot

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Problem to import data

SOLVE

Hi @RCamuset,

Imports can only set a record's default Lifecycle stage property forward, see here. The "Subscriber" stage is before the "Lead" stage, that's why the update won't work.

To set the lifecycle stage backward via these tools, you will first need to clear the record's existing lifecycle stage value. The value can be cleared manually, or may be automatically cleared via a workflow or an integration that syncs contact data.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Problem to import data

SOLVE

Hi @RCamuset,

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you trying to update the default Lifecycle stage or a custom Lifecycle stage property via import?

Can you please share the screenshots of the error message here so the Community can better understand what is happening during the import process? This will allow us to get a better understanding of why you are running into this issue. 

Thanks!

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Problem to import data

SOLVE

Hi @RCamuset,

Imports can only set a record's default Lifecycle stage property forward, see here. The "Subscriber" stage is before the "Lead" stage, that's why the update won't work.

To set the lifecycle stage backward via these tools, you will first need to clear the record's existing lifecycle stage value. The value can be cleared manually, or may be automatically cleared via a workflow or an integration that syncs contact data.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.