Share Your Work

Kgeriak

News letter design

I have a template i want to replicate but the current template pulls blog posts by date. I would like to manually choose which blog posts to put in the template. Is this possible? Can I build it from scratch? If so how? I have attached the link to the template i am using currently: https://www.beqom.com/-temporary-slug-269a75f9-dd34-476e-9e5f-848f0f073b78?hs_preview=VGbblkuF-70843...

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Ken

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

News letter design

Hi @Kgeriak ,

If you are looking to put in specific blog posts, you could manually add them into the Newsletter and link to the blog posts. 

Typically, from my understanding, for blog templates, it would pull in based on the RSS feed, which would pull in the most recent blog posts. 

@Jon_McLaren and @MitchL do you have any suggestions for @Kgeriak ?

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Kgeriak

News letter design

Jenny,

Do you have a specific example of how this is done? What you have suggested is what I am trying to do.

Thanks

Ken

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

News letter design

Hi @Kgeriak ,

You can add rich text widgets into your email template, and then you can type in the description of the blog post and add a link to the blog post. 

For more information on email templates, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Kgeriak

News letter design

Jenny,

The resource kind of helped. It would be easier if there was a drag and drop option to build the email template like 90% of the other programs. Is there any templates i could mimic to get what i am trying to accomplish? I really dont want to build from scratch. Any suggestions? 

0 Upvotes
ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

News letter design

Templates are built in a WYSISYG fashion but that's just placing the modules. I believe @jennysowyrda was saying once you are in the email (not the template itself but an email based on it) you can click into the modules (like rich text editor) and it has a bar very similar to the one you see when typing on this thread. From there you can insert images,CTAs mark things as headers or hyperlink text (and more). 

So you would write your description in the Rich Text Editor and then just hyperlink to your blog, or make a CTA for it with the builder (very easy, it walks you through) and place it in the email. 

0 Upvotes
Kgeriak

News letter design

Connor,

thanks I think I have it and am building the template using yur suggestions. It looks like it is working but wont know until i test it. Thanks! Ill be bak in touch once i get it up and runnign. Appreiate the help from everyone.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

News letter design

Thank you for clarifying @ConnorSlivensky! Couldn't have said it better myself 🙂 

0 Upvotes