Share Your Work

TMacFarlane
Participant

Keeping HubSpot from automatically adding attributes?

Recent SEO best practices discourage the use of inline CSS styles. How can I stop HubSpot from automatically adding an inline style to my IFRAME? I am fine with HubSpot automatically adding width & height, because that's good for page load. But how can I control what attributes get automatically added to HTML elements?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
TMacFarlane
Participant

Hi All! Thanks so much for this help! Problem is, this isn't a form that I'm framing in... it is a video hosted on a proprietary platform. I am already using the source view on a Rich Text content block—is there a different widget I should use for this case?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

this isn't a form that I'm framing in

I think I may need a little more context.  Do you have a link? 

0 Upvotes
TMacFarlane
Participant

I since ubpublished this page, but I've republished it for the remainder of February 2022: 

https://hub.swana.org/psd-paradigm

The inline style is not included in the original <iframe>, but it gets written into the content block when publishing.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Phil_Vallender ,

Curious for your thoughts on this.  Not the control part, but the SEO part.

@TMacFarlane ,

If you want control over the form, you will need to embed it and make sure it has the raw html checkbox checked.  (See this doc and scroll to bottom of page) This will remove the iFrame altogether and allow you to mess with the form.  You can also use the forms API which will give you complete control