Share Your Work

Themac

Customize the card view of my custom object related to Contact

I’m starting a project…
I have a custom object “Interactions” which is related to Contact object. From contact view I can see the custom object record in the card on the right hand side of the view. The card shows total records in the object.
The custom object has 6 types of interaction records.
Goal is to customize the card view so that when clicked to expand it will display the total count of each interaction type.
Then if I click on a given type - open a filtered list view which shows details for only the Contact interactions of the type I clicked.
Do I need write a custom app? I currently have no intention of putting an app on marketplace For public use - this is strictly an internal IT project for a client.
0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Themac ,

The only way to create a custom card is by using the CRM Custom Cards API. 

Here are the docs on the subject

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/extensions/custom-cards

https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/crm-extensions/crm-extensions-overview

I, personally, like the explanation in the second link best 😀

0 Upvotes
Themac

Thanks @dennisedson   I don't need to access data in 3rd party API.   Which is perhaps why the links to docs on this subject are kind of confusing to me.  
i want to customize presentation of a custom HubSpot object called "Site Interactions" which is related to Contacts  object and is populated by an integration. 

There are a handful of types of interactions and I want to present a custom card on the contact that shows the count of each type of interaction  for a given contact.   User can click the count for a given type in the card and opens a list view - filtered by the type and contact which was clicked. Is this even possible with HubSpot custom cards?  Any clues or hints you think might be helpful 

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Themac 

I believe the only way you could do this is by using an iframe with the crm card.  Within the iframe you would handle all of this.

0 Upvotes
Themac

@dennisedson
I am interested in what you mean by 'iframe' in this context.....
Are you suggesting I create custom card thatwhich defines an iframe which
calls the HubSpot CRM API to retrieve and display the custom object records
for this contact in a custom card.

#StillConfused
0 Upvotes