Service Hub Onboarding

JDuPlessis3
Participant

Workflow automation delay

SOLVE

Good day

I want to find out if you would be able to assist, there is a 10 - 20 min delay in the automation of our workflows, is there a way to resolve this and make it quicker?

Let me know.

Thank you

1 Accepted solution
JDuPlessis3
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for all the assistance and feedback. 

I will reach out to the technical support.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JDuPlessis3,

Can you share a bit more context? What exactly is being delayed? What's the goal of the workflow and what are the steps in the workflow?

A 10-20 minute delay would be unusually long. Portals can slow down with hundreds of workflows and hundreds of thousands of contacts – is that the case for you?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
JDuPlessis3
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten

It is a big workflow but there are multiple workflows that is taking some time to process the information. 

JDuPlessis3_0-1662643892741.png

So I Just wanted to know if that is the reason for the delay in the information going through the workflow of so? or if Is there a way to make the process quicker?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JDuPlessis3,

Thanks for sharing this. To help you, I would still need answers to each of the questions from my first post:

• What exactly is being delayed? Is the entire workflow slow?
  • What's the goal of the workflow and what are the steps in the workflow? What type of actions did you include?
  • Portals can slow down with hundreds of workflows and hundreds of thousands of contacts – is that the case for you? How many workflow and contacts are you working with?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
JDuPlessis3
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

to answer your questions:

1. The information that copies the properties from another property and the sending internal mail the automation of the steps in the workflow when what is triggered is slow.

2. We have a trigger to copy the information for example company name and contact name to the custom object when it is created or so and to check if there is no information to send an internal email and so, that is the delay, even if you enroll into another workflow it takes time to process. 

3. Yes we have about 45 000 contacts and about 15 000 companies. I guess as I understand your point 3 it can be the reason for the slow automation. 

I just wanted to know if there was a way around the lag to time in the workflow, .

Thank you

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JDuPlessis3,

Thank you for this. 45,000 contacts are not enough to substantially slow down a workflow. That shouldn't be the issue. From what you've explained, unless there are actual delays built into the workflow (or webhooks), the workflows should be faster.

Since you're on a paid subscription, I'd recommend to reach out to HubSpot technical support for investigation.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
JDuPlessis3
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for all the assistance and feedback. 

I will reach out to the technical support.

Thank you

0 Upvotes