Service Hub Onboarding

TCC_Tom

Which Hubspot?

SOLVE

Which Hubspot package (Service or Sales) should I use for a local bike repair shop?

We sell components and repair bikes. We have a website and take appointments through Calendly to plan our service calendar.

Should our clients come through as deals (sales) or should we create a ticket (service) for each job then pass them to sales when we complete? 

Follow up contact etc would be Marketing Hubspot I believe.

We're on the free package and limit ourselves to twelve clients a month (three per week) and ideally don't want a bike here longer than a couple of days. Clients usually pay using bank transfer and we're on the free version of whatever software due to a small budget.

Thank you,

Tom

Twelfth City Cyclery

https://www.TwelfthCityCyclery.com

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Which Hubspot?

SOLVE

Hi @TCC_Tom,

Intuitively I would say that a repair is closer to a deal than a ticket, since it corresponds with the sale of a service. However, deals and tickets behave very similarly so at the stage that you're at, you likely won't feel the difference. You wouldn't be going spectacularly wrong with either.

The main difference between deals (Sales Hub Starter) and ticket (Service Hub Starter) in my opinion is the reporting. HubSpot assigns monetary value to deals, not to tickets - and that reflects in the reports that HubSpot will automatically create for you in the report library and in the pipeline. With Sales Hub Starter, you will see how much pipeline you currently have in each phase of your shop, fitting and servicing.

If you want to share some additional requirements, I'll happily share my opinion on whether Sales or Service Hub Starter would be better suited. From what you've explained so far, the difference wouldn't be major - with Sales Hub Starter fitting the bill a bit better, in my opinion. Shop, fitting and servicing would be set up as deal types, if I were to do it, for example.

The starter license will remove branding from HubSpot tools like the website chat or meeting links and will give your employees access to whatever library of templates and snippets you set up for emails.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Which Hubspot?

SOLVE

Hey there @TCC_Tom and welcome to the Community! 

I'm with @karstenkoehler here - I'd lean into the Sales Hub functionality. Then, if you find your clients send emails or call in with questions about their repairs, you could use Tickets to manage those conversations. You could also use Service Hub for follow up surveys like Customer Effort Score (CES) or Net Promoter Score (NOS). 

Sales Hub also has tools like Sequences that can help with some automation. For instance, when a client's bike repair is complete, a rep could enroll them into a Sequence to send an automated email, assign a task, and even other actions. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Which Hubspot?

SOLVE

Hi @TCC_Tom,

Intuitively I would say that a repair is closer to a deal than a ticket, since it corresponds with the sale of a service. However, deals and tickets behave very similarly so at the stage that you're at, you likely won't feel the difference. You wouldn't be going spectacularly wrong with either.

The main difference between deals (Sales Hub Starter) and ticket (Service Hub Starter) in my opinion is the reporting. HubSpot assigns monetary value to deals, not to tickets - and that reflects in the reports that HubSpot will automatically create for you in the report library and in the pipeline. With Sales Hub Starter, you will see how much pipeline you currently have in each phase of your shop, fitting and servicing.

If you want to share some additional requirements, I'll happily share my opinion on whether Sales or Service Hub Starter would be better suited. From what you've explained so far, the difference wouldn't be major - with Sales Hub Starter fitting the bill a bit better, in my opinion. Shop, fitting and servicing would be set up as deal types, if I were to do it, for example.

The starter license will remove branding from HubSpot tools like the website chat or meeting links and will give your employees access to whatever library of templates and snippets you set up for emails.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Which Hubspot?

SOLVE

Hey @TCC_Tom, thank you for posting in our Community!

Service Hub provides a ticketing system that aligns well with your business model of handling appointments and repair jobs. Each bike repair job can be treated as a separate ticket, making it easier to track and manage.

@danmoyle and @Jnix284 any recommendations for @TCC_Tom matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes