Service Hub Onboarding

hk06

Duplicate email address check

SOLVE

Hello

I have a question.

Free plan and in use

Is it possible to cancel the duplicate check of the email address?

This is because I want to register the same email address as a separate record for various reasons.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @hk06,

The same email address cannot be used across multiple contact and this functionality can also not be disabled. The email address is the unique identifier in HubSpot. Whenever a form is submitted or data imported, HubSpot deduplicates by email address.

There are some potential workarounds discussed in this thread: Two contacts, 1 email address

One option not mentioned in the thread would be adding the second contact without email address and pinning a note to the original contact record. This note could include the email address or simply state that all contact from the company are sharing the same email address.

If you're planning on emailing this contact from HubSpot, there isn't any way to separate email communication between two contacts sharing an email address. It's simply not possible.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @hk06,

The same email address cannot be used across multiple contact and this functionality can also not be disabled. The email address is the unique identifier in HubSpot. Whenever a form is submitted or data imported, HubSpot deduplicates by email address.

There are some potential workarounds discussed in this thread: Two contacts, 1 email address

One option not mentioned in the thread would be adding the second contact without email address and pinning a note to the original contact record. This note could include the email address or simply state that all contact from the company are sharing the same email address.

If you're planning on emailing this contact from HubSpot, there isn't any way to separate email communication between two contacts sharing an email address. It's simply not possible.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes