Service Hub Onboarding

DNeal32
Participant

Branch workflow based on a contact property with no contact assigned

SOLVE

Hi all, 

I am trying to set up a workflow for sending an email from a ticket, based on a contact property value being present, but the ticket isn't yet assigned to a contact. 

Case: We have a custom property in contacts called "Contact company role", and multiple values against the property. I want to send an email to any contact that has "Upgrades contact" in that field, if there is one. 

If there isn't a contact with that value, I want to send an email to ALL contacts of the company associated to the ticket. 

This email would go out after the ticket is created by import. 

Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DNeal32,

Yes, this is possible but requires that you work with association labels in stead of a custom property: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/object-settings/create-and-use-association-labels

In a ticket-based workflow branch (IF/OR logic), you could then check if the ticket is associated to one contact where the "Create date is known" and where the association label is "Upgrades contact". If yes, the email should be sent to all contacts where the association label is "Upgrades contact". If not, the email should be sent to all contacts.

Without association labels, this gets a lot more complex. It's possible but requires more steps:

1. Create a custom contact property "Upgrades contact available" (single checkbox)
  2. In the left branch of the aforementioned workflow, don't send the email directly but set the property value of all associated contacts for the property from step 1 to "Yes"
  3. In a contact-based workflow, pick-up contacts where the value is "Yes" and the role is "Upgrades contact", then send the email from this workflow
  4. Depending on where you'd like it set up, make sure that the property value is cleared on all records

I'd recommend going the route of association labels.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DNeal32,

Yes, this is possible but requires that you work with association labels in stead of a custom property: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/object-settings/create-and-use-association-labels

In a ticket-based workflow branch (IF/OR logic), you could then check if the ticket is associated to one contact where the "Create date is known" and where the association label is "Upgrades contact". If yes, the email should be sent to all contacts where the association label is "Upgrades contact". If not, the email should be sent to all contacts.

Without association labels, this gets a lot more complex. It's possible but requires more steps:

1. Create a custom contact property "Upgrades contact available" (single checkbox)
  2. In the left branch of the aforementioned workflow, don't send the email directly but set the property value of all associated contacts for the property from step 1 to "Yes"
  3. In a contact-based workflow, pick-up contacts where the value is "Yes" and the role is "Upgrades contact", then send the email from this workflow
  4. Depending on where you'd like it set up, make sure that the property value is cleared on all records

I'd recommend going the route of association labels.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes