Service Hub Onboarding

LPedahzur
Contributeur

Adding conversation title to a ticket created through custom workflow

Résolue

We have a couple of shared inboxes and they are used for various communications, only one of which is client support. 

We therefore don't want to have a ticket created for each email, but only for emails where the associated contact has a certain property. 

So far so good as it's clear how to do that with a workflow. 

The problem I encounter is that I can't seem to figure out how to make the name of the ticket be the subject of the email (conversation). 

Any suggestions on how to automatically create tickets with a conditions tied to associated contacts but also have the ticket include the title of the conversation?

I have Professional across Marketing, Sales, and Service

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @LPedahzur,

To confirm, you're using a conversations-based workflow to enroll conversations which are associated to contacts matching certain criteria, correct?

If so, options seem to be limited here. When you create a ticket record from such a workflow, the conversation tokens available for the ticket name field are limited. The subject line or content of the email itself is not available as a conversation token. (I think this is a bit of an oversight and could be addressed in a request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.)

As with most things that are missing in workflows, this can probably be solved with custom code actions, requiring Operations Hub Professional and the help of a developer. The goal would be to code an action from scratch that creates a record and pulls the content from the conversation.

Another option, while not ideal, would be to separate this one inbox into multiple ones. It's a case of adjusting a process to HubSpot while it should be the other way around, however.

Lastly, you could create tickets from all converstaions and set up automation to automatically close or label all tickets which shouldn't have been created. For example, if you create a flag "Ticket to be addressed" with values Yes/No, you could exclude the Nos from all views and delete them on a regular basis.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @LPedahzur,

To confirm, you're using a conversations-based workflow to enroll conversations which are associated to contacts matching certain criteria, correct?

If so, options seem to be limited here. When you create a ticket record from such a workflow, the conversation tokens available for the ticket name field are limited. The subject line or content of the email itself is not available as a conversation token. (I think this is a bit of an oversight and could be addressed in a request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.)

As with most things that are missing in workflows, this can probably be solved with custom code actions, requiring Operations Hub Professional and the help of a developer. The goal would be to code an action from scratch that creates a record and pulls the content from the conversation.

Another option, while not ideal, would be to separate this one inbox into multiple ones. It's a case of adjusting a process to HubSpot while it should be the other way around, however.

Lastly, you could create tickets from all converstaions and set up automation to automatically close or label all tickets which shouldn't have been created. For example, if you create a flag "Ticket to be addressed" with values Yes/No, you could exclude the Nos from all views and delete them on a regular basis.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LPedahzur
Contributeur

Résolue

One other question, will the solution to just have all the tickets being created and closed if they dont meet certain criteria impact SLA adherence? I think it would and could alter some statistics by making it look like a lot of tickets were resolved very quickly

0 Votes
karstenkoehler

Résolue

Hi @LPedahzur,

Yes, it would impact SLA / reporting.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

LPedahzur
Contributeur

Résolue

Glad I didn't miss anything. That's the same conclusion I came to, but was hoping I was missing something and there was an easier way. 

0 Votes