Sales Hub Tools

Nicki

Removing Templates Sequences Documents links in email

SOLVE

When I compose an email using gmail (using Hubspot's Chrome extension), all of a sudden, there is a Hubspot submenu appearing with three links that says: "Templates Sequences Documents", under the Subject line of my email.

How do I turn this additional submenu off? I don't use the Templates, Sequences or Documents tool, so do not need quick links to these appearing in all my new emails.

Thanks,

Nicki

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Nicki

Thanks for posting!

The 'submenu' that populates with the "templates/sequences/documents" links is part of the HubSpot Sales Chrome Extension. Along with the ability to track and log your emails, the extension gives you easy access to all of the tools within your portal. There is no way to remove the submenu from the extension while keeping the other options. 

If you are not using the extension you can disable it in your Chrome Settings, which will turn off the extension within your Gmail and remove the submenu, as well as the tracking functionality. 

Thank you,

Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Nicki

Thanks for posting!

The 'submenu' that populates with the "templates/sequences/documents" links is part of the HubSpot Sales Chrome Extension. Along with the ability to track and log your emails, the extension gives you easy access to all of the tools within your portal. There is no way to remove the submenu from the extension while keeping the other options. 

If you are not using the extension you can disable it in your Chrome Settings, which will turn off the extension within your Gmail and remove the submenu, as well as the tracking functionality. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
MBryce
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

Has there been any changes to this? I share the same view as Nicki about the submenu, the design is messy if these features are not being used. Currently, just use logging and tracking only. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Nicki

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for your email. I think there is just a bug in my version of Chrome / Hubspot. For about 5 mins after I deleted all other Chrome extensions, it worked properly and I was able to find the option in the upper right hand corner of my new email message to "turn off the submenu" for the Templates, Sequences and Documents as per the instructions on the website below.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/why-isnt-the-sales-task-bar-showing-up-i...

However, the submenu option disappeared again the next time I opened Chrome, and the Templates, Sequencs and Documents links have remained. I've tried removing the "conflicting" extensions in Chrome again, but the feature continues to remain buggy and I have not been able to make the option to turn off the submenu come back. The colors for the links have changed though from bright orange to a pale blue, so they feel less intrusive now, and I've just left them there.

Thanks,

Nicki

0 Upvotes
SimeonD

SOLVE

Can we please make an option to remove this task bar! It is very annoying when it takes up space on a small screen & the function is not needed!

0 Upvotes