Sales Hub Tools

ptbasse

In Sales, no drop down menus from Contacts or Companies, thus no list option (free user)

SOLVE

Hi, 

I want to create a list from shortlisted companies in the sales CRM, but can't find a way to do so. From what I read online, there should be a "List" option in a drop down menu coming out from either the Contacts or Companies tabs, but I do not have such menus.

I am a free user, maybe that is the issue, but I'm finding it difficult to find whether that is the cause of my issue or not. Any help would be appreciated.

I am using Safari on Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.5.

Best regards,

Patrick

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

In Sales, no drop down menus from Contacts or Companies, thus no list option (free user)

SOLVE

Hi @ptbasse

Even in a paid portal, sales does not have dropdowns on Contacts and Companies, hence no lists. That's a marketing function. 

In Sales, however, you can create and save a 'view' which is essentially a list. More info here: How to filter your contacts using custom views

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ptbasse

Even in a paid portal, sales does not have dropdowns on Contacts and Companies, hence no lists. That's a marketing function. 

In Sales, however, you can create and save a 'view' which is essentially a list. More info here: How to filter your contacts using custom views

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
ptbasse

SOLVE

Thank you Phil, 

I am looking for a tool that would allow my colleagues to tick the box besides specific contacts and save them to a list.

I've looked into the saved view, it looks like you need to have already shortlisted the list of contacts via filters before saving it.

I had created a "keyword" property which allowed them to tick the box, then batch edit that property adding a keyword, creating a list of a sort when applying the filter for that specific keyword. 

The issue however is that this erases any previously entered keyword, which is a big problem when some contacts might already be on different lists.

We merely use Hubspot like an Excel spreadsheet of contacts, but with the added benefit of being able to tag ourselves in comments and create tasks. We don't really do sales the regular way, we just need to follow up on communications.

So, maybe I should move my contacts to Marketing. Is there an option allowing for that transfer, or should I export/import manually?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @ptbasse

Hmm, tricky. 

HubSpot Sales and Marketing use a shared database, so I don't think you need to worry about any migration issues. However, lists are a feature of HubSpot Marketing Basic and upward, so there is a cost consideration. 

If you do get Marketing Basic or better then yes, you can tick a box and add contacts to a static list. 

You mentioned creating a property but the contents getting overwritten. 

When creating a property, losts of property formats allow for multiple values - dropdown, checkbox and radio button allow you to specify mulitple values for example. 

Not exactly sure if this helps. 

0 Upvotes
ptbasse

SOLVE

Thanks Phil, I'll have a look at properties checkboxes, maybe that can work.

Best regards,

Patrick

0 Upvotes