Sales Hub Tools

NSC_Sage
Participant

How to Reverse Email Opt-Out

SOLVE

A couple days ago, I exported a list, deleted all the contacts in the list and then imported the list as an Opt-Out list. The problem is that I realized that the list I uploaded was the wrong one.

I need to remove them from the Opt-Out list, but I can't find anywhere that shows how to do that.

When I submitted a ticket, they shared a link to an article that told me to have the contacts to click the link at the bottom of the a recent email from us to opt back in. But, there's 80k+ addresses, and I don't want to make people have to re-subscribe if they didn't know that we had added them to the opt-out list in the first place. Not to mention that we'd only get a low % of that 81k who would actually follow through and re-subscribe.

I tried re-importing the addresses, but while they're now contacts, they all show as "Contact is opted out of email."

How do I bulk re-subscribe contacts from the opt-out list?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
HeatherLeigh
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

For anyone who finds this in the future, Hubspot has created a fix for this. Here is the link:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/remove-an-opt-out-of-email-status

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13
SCheck

SOLVE

looking for the same answer for my company. i am running an social grant company website that hosted on wordpress and i want to run it on multiple network.

0 Upvotes
HeatherLeigh
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

For anyone who finds this in the future, Hubspot has created a fix for this. Here is the link:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/remove-an-opt-out-of-email-status

DevonG
Contributor

SOLVE

I had previously misunderstood the functionality, ignore this comment.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @DevonG, could you please inform us what is happening on your end? Did the solution provided was not possible?

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

DevonG
Contributor

SOLVE

My apologies, I had misunderstood the functionality and I see that it is possible to select multiple contacts at the same time.

Thanks!

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DevonG, no problem at all, thank you for letting us know! 

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @NSC_Sage  We take opt-out status very seriously here at HubSpot. Any contact who has opted out cannot recieve a marketing email, and the contact must opt back in according to the instructions forwarded to you earlier. 

The contact can receive transactional emails, and you can still reach the contact through the CRM as those emails are 1:1 in nature and don't carry marketing metadata.

Ed  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
dci

SOLVE

The responses and comments that come from HubSpot regarding this topic frustrate the heck out of me because they ignore a specific point that NSC_Sage, and I have made, where as we "inadvertently and or mistakenly placed a contact, or contacts in "opt out of email"! The contact(s) did NOT ask to be opted out nor did they make any selection to opt themselves out of receiving emails!!!

These lines from “edjusten” are the exact same ones I received from other HubSpot support peeps: "We take opt-out status very seriously here at HubSpot."

And here's the kicker, again from “edjusten”, "Any contact who has opted out cannot receive a marketing email, and the contact must opt back in according to the instructions forwarded to you earlier."

What HubSpot can't seem to hear, get and understand is that individuals like NSC_Sage, and I, AGAIN… inadvertently and or mistakenly placed a contact, or contacts in the "opt out of email" category!!! And again, I REPEAT, the contact(s) did NOT ask to be opted out nor did they make any selection to opt themselves out of receiving emails!!!

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @NSC_Sage @dci and @riseatlantic  Let me clarify here. HubSpot does not have a mechanism within the tool to reverse an accidental upload of an Opt-out list. Such a feature would defeat the purpose of the opt-out function. Instead, you can reach out to the Support team within your portal through your Support Inbox (via phone, email, or chat) to discuss further options for reversing the opt-out.

Thank you,

Ed   

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
davidcarroll75

SOLVE

I have the same problem, and I did reach out to the web chat support team who couldn't resolve the issue.

I have tried the re-submission route and this doesn't work either.

This to me is a coding/process error within HubSpot that does not seem to be acknowledged by HubSpot asa problem. If an admin marks a contact as unsubsribed by mistake then there should be a mechansim to reverse this.

Can you advise what the other options seem to be? Updating preferences and resubmision did not work for me.

mmunoz
Participant

SOLVE

This is extremely disappointing and VERY frustrating. What you, HubSpot, have done is take the power out of a marketers hand's to resubscribe contacts even though we have the contacts approval.  

The answer always comes to well you can purchase the transactional email option, YEAH FOR $6000. I really hope word gets out about this and the fact the you HubSpot limits workflows to 500 - what enterprise level company only has 500 workflows.

My company has had nothing but issues with HubSpot since we moved over in October of 2017. We have experienced  everything from emails not being built correctly per our specifications, to our on-boarding technical expert not knowing anything about your API, and most importantly the integrations with Salesforce (or lack thereof). We have definitely experienced buyer's remorse. 

riseatlantic
Participant

SOLVE

Would you mind sharing the article they sent you in the ticket , would like to have a look at it.

thanks

0 Upvotes
NSC_Sage
Participant

SOLVE
0 Upvotes